Product Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Woking
Mclaren Woking urgently required following position for Product Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Product Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Woking Jobs Details:
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join our team as a Product Specialist in Woking.
Purpose of the role:
This role will be responsible for both inbound and outbound product management for a key McLaren nameplate, taking the lead in product planning, product marketing and product management.
- A critical role within the Global Product Planning and Management Team at McLaren Automotive, you will be responsible for supporting the entire product line life cycle - from analysis for strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Product Definition Drawing on market data and primary research sources to provide recommendations of new product concepts, you will work with the Product Manager to develop the initial business case – detailing product USPs, setting key targets and attributes, identifying target customers types to establish the product positioning. To do so you will need to develop a clear understanding of the premium sportscar segment, be able to identify the changing needs of the customer base and recognise the appropriate opportunities for McLaren.
- Product Development Product Planning and Management provides the link between McLaren Automotive’s Engineering and Sales and Marketing functions. As Product Specialist you will support the Sales and Marketing function in the McLaren Development Programme, providing the ‘voice of the customer’ as the product transitions from concept to launch, preparing key information at programme Gateways. This will require a clear understanding of customer requirements and competitor offerings presented in a clear and coherent way. The Gateway process will require the coordination with other Sales and Marketing departments (Volume Planning, Regional Sales Teams, Finance, Marketing and PR) to define a company-wide go-to-market plan.
- Product Marketing In preparation for product launch you will be responsible for supporting the Product Manager in identifying and coordinating the technical product detail. Working with colleagues from Global Marketing and PR you will contribute to positioning documents and the design of dealer training programme, as well as fulfilling the role of ‘product expert’ in the preparation of product correct marketing materials. You will also be asked to support at marketing events as a Product expert.
- Product Management With products on sale you will monitor and manage positioning and pricing including optional content, to maximise volume and revenue in function of product lifecycle, competitor actions and customer feedback. You will prepare data and information to help the Product Manager understand and address individual market requirements, suggesting proposed changes/improvements to the product to improve performance.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- You will have experience in Automotive Sales and Marketing specifically in product management, and ideally spanning the entire lifecycle.
- A sound knowledge of market trends and analysis methodology covering premium automotive segments
- An excellent understanding of sales data analysis and customer target methodology
- An understanding and experience of product pricing, value indexing and options analysis
- PC literate – highly competent in Excel (able to construct and manage complex spreadsheets) and Powerpoint (able to independently produce powerful presentations)
- Language – fluent in English, an additional language is an advantage
- A passion for automotive
- An ability to develop extensive in-depth product knowledge
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly numerate and analytical, but able to view the big picture and broader market dynamics
- Excellent communication and collaborative working skills
- An understanding that clear presentation is key to delivering convincing arguments to management
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.