Junior Infrastructure And Operations Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Conde Nast
Conde Nast urgently required following position for Junior Infrastructure And Operations Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Infrastructure And Operations Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Conde Nast Jobs Details:
Condé Nast International publishes close to 100 high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 200 million unique users. Some of our world famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller and Architectural Digest.
CNID is running a major digital business transformation, encompassing a CMS platform migration, transformation of our enterprise technology and systems, and a long-term commitment to investing into our digital capabilities. Enterprise Technology is a key part of CNI’s future, and key to the success of this transformation.
Historically, we've had different tech stacks in markets all over the world. Now we're looking at unifying our core platform, including our CMS and data infrastructure. This is a new international team, with a hub in London, that has the opportunity to define our architecture, tooling, what we ship and how we ship it. You'll get a rare look at digital publishing around the world.
You will be primarily responsible for supporting 11 markets for our critical international CMS service, Co-pilot.
Working across departments – support, engineering and development – to ensure knowledge is learned, documented and shared with the wider CNI community. You will be an escalation point for our 1st line support team, and escalate to senior engineers where appropriate on bug fixes and feature requests, and technical support.
You will be responsible for monitoring of our applications and services, setting thresholds and alerting, and handling accordingly any monitoring alerts. You will also assist in the continuous improvement of our AWS based infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines using the latest tools, including Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes. This is an ideal role for a Linux support engineer looking to start working with DevOps methods and tools.
There is a great opportunity for ambitious candidates who would like to develop their skills and career in areas like software engineering, operations and infrastructure.
As we support our international markets, flexible working hours may be required (on call rota).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Improve monitoring setup and tools to ensure all systems, services, application events and data is captured
- Desire to automate all daily tasks
- Assisting with design, build and scaling out our AWS infrastructure
- Carry out postmortem of incidents, determining the root cause analysis, to ensure they do not reoccur
- Communicating any service degradation and outages accordingly
- Reporting clearly by use of graphics/graphs on usage, support and monitored event trends
- Willingness to mentor and share knowledge with the team is a must
- Maintain documentation
- Some travel may be required
- Participate in on call rota
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Basic working knowledge of core Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of linux command line
- Practical experience of a scripting language
- Practical experience of troubleshooting/investigation of new/reoccurring problems
- Trend analysis – i.e. interpreting monitoring graphs, usage and data
- Experience of monitoring tools (e.g. CloudWatch, DataDog, Splunk)
- Knowledge of CI tools (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Basic working knowledge of networking – dns, routing, gateways, other network protocols, TCP/IP, TLS
- Working with multiple teams, local and/or remote
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to learn on the job
- Experience with high-traffic, scalable web applications
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP protocol
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Terraform, Docker, Github