Technical Procurement Project Manager Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast
Kennedy Recruitment Belfast urgently required following position for Technical Procurement Project Manager Belfast. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Procurement Project Manager Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast Jobs Details:
Vacancy Reference: 14685
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their large Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Technical Procurement Project Manager. This position will be based in Belfast. The hours of this role will be full time.
The duties of this position are -
- Supporting the Procurement Programme Delivery Manager in the day to day operation and management of the Corporate Procurement Unit.
- To liaise with client department and consultants to formulate procurement requirement, provide technical input ensuring tender specification and contract documentation complies with all relevant legislation, best practice methodologies, Client specifications, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support in the delivery of procurements listed on the contracts register and those new contracts as advised by the Procurement Programme Delivery Manager.
- Supporting the Procurement Programme Delivery Manager in delivering the objectives contained in the divisional business plan.
- Supporting the Procurement Programme Delivery Manager in the general administration of the section including provision of statistical data, staff management and any further duties as identified by the Procurement Programme Delivery Manager.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tender evaluations
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
- Drafting documentation for the NEC 3 suite of contracts.
- Managing workload compliant with PRINCE 2 project management methodologies for delivery of projects in a controlled manner.
- Liaise with client department to ensure Post Project Evaluations are completed and improvements are incorporated into future projects.
- Interpret autocad technical drawings.
- Conduct initiation and handover of contract meetings with client.
- Knowledge of health & safety and environmental policies for construction projects.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of a quality service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality Legislation.
- Participate in forums / working groups / committees / tenants consultation as required.
- Undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
- Be responsible for establishing a pro-active approach to the management of health, safety and welfare and encouraging a positive team culture for addressing health and safety issues.
- Undertake and complete such training as required to perform the duties of the job. Ensure by working collaboratively across the Organisation programme of training is delivered, to ensure that staff has the required capacity and capability to deliver its obligations.
- Ensure compliance with all human resource related policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement changes in legislation relating to the unit's areas of operation and updating policies and procedures.
- Promote and represent the Organsiation and its interests with relevant outside bodies including attendance at meetings, seminars and conferences to seek to extend links with all appropriate bodies.
- A degree or an equivalent 3rd level qualification in a Building/Building Services/ Architecture/ Construction/Engineering related Discipline plus at least 2 years' relevant post qualification experience.
- A BTEC Higher or equivalent qualification in a Building/Building Services/ Architecture/ Construction/Engineering related Discipline plus at least 3 years' relevant experience.
- Exceptionally, 5 years' working experience in a construction/engineering related discipline.
For the purpose of shortlisting, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience in all of the following areas:
- Experience in advising on and the development of tender specifications and contract documentation.
- The provision of technical advice and guidance to the procurement team and to clients on contract related matters.
- Implementation of policies, processes and procedures for compliance. Additionally, monitoring and undertaking corrective action of implemented policies, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with standing orders at all times.
- Ensuring that projects are managed and delivered in line with agreed targets, standards and procedures.
- Experience in identifying risks, helping maintain a risk register and mitigating risk.
- Experience of driving value for money and efficiencies through the procurement process.
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement processes, preparation and administration of tender exercises, evaluation of quality submissions and analysis of pricing schedules.
- Proficiency in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undergo an Access NI Clearance at a cost of £26.00