Paint Process Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Hitachi Newton Aycliffe
Hitachi Newton Aycliffe urgently required following position for Paint Process Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Paint Process Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Hitachi Newton Aycliffe Jobs Details:
- Acknowledged expert in paint processes for various projects and train car types.
- Taking the lead on resolving paint defects in line with customer requirements.
- Establishing and ensuring safe working practices are adopted around use of paints, equipment and paint booth area.
- Create and develop all process documentation such as SOP`s, Risk assessments, PFMEAs for car body painting processes including evolving these in light of change and new projects.
- Liaising with external paint suppliers and carrying out RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Action) for paint defects.
- Documenting and presenting findings to the business, making recommendations and suggesting solutions.
- Evolving and improving our paint processes for maximum optimisation through continuous improvement.
- Providing technical support to production, maintenance and manufacturing methods area regarding paint plant systems.
- Ensuring paint quality systems meet relevant industry / UK standards and ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Develop / design jigs and fixtures for the painting process for the handling of individual part and lead the acquisition of these.
- Lead Capex projects setting out the business case for introducing new equipment including costs.
- To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Europe’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Europe’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Europe’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
- Engineering background with considerable experience in a paint related engineering role.
- Experience with water and solvent based manual paint applications.
- Knowledge of industry standards and safety regulations around paint and paint systems in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of paint plant systems.
- Experience with leading Capex projects from improving existing equipment through to introduction of new process equipment
- Knowledge of root cause analysis / continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Further education in an engineering discipline (HNC or higher equivalent)
- Production/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering qualification
- Experience with Junair systems preferable but not essential
- DSEAR training preferable