Apprentice Service Desk Technician Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Southampton
Capita Plc Southampton urgently required following position for Apprentice Service Desk Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Service Desk Technician Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Southampton Jobs Details:
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Service Desk Technician to join our busy team based in Southampton working on the Southampton Council site
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective and efficient central IT Service Desk by logging calls, problem handling and call dispatch. Providing advice and guidance for computer users on hardware and software matters, ensuring satisfactory resolution of all reported problems and delivering a first-class customer service
You will be the central point of contact for customers from all areas of the Council, they will be contacting your team to either report problems or seek advice by phone or email
Key elements of this role will include
- To receive all customer calls via the Telephone Call Management System or queries via e-email; recording problems on the internal system and ensuring the maintenance of accurate records in respect of problem histories and updated information on the system as required.
- To assess the scale and impact of each problem, escalating serious or urgent problems as appropriate; prioritise and progress chase problems through to final resolution.
- To diagnose the cause and resolve the majority of customer problems as the first level fix technician; allocate unresolved problems or those which require visits to other teams in the department.
- Provide special call management support for customer support teams, e.g. Revenues, Finance and Health and Social Care: logging calls and routing problems to external suppliers to agreed service levels.
- Assist in setting up and controlling accesses to various systems; including new starters and leavers: manage the process of advising forgotten/revealing passwords in special circumstances, ensuring strict adherence to security procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues, contractors, customers, technicians and suppliers as needed to manage problems and escalate issues.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the post at the direction of the Service Delivery Manager and/or Service Desk Team Leader.
Key skills, knowledge and behaviour:
- GCSE or equivalent in an IT related subject
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- To be able to provide responsive support service at the appropriate level
- To deal confidently and effectively with customers, colleagues, contractors and suppliers
- Communicating technical issues/conveying information clearly at all levels; in an appropriate manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of customer care, preferably in an IT environment
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving; problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritise own workload