Material Characterisation Senior Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Pfizer Sandwich
Pfizer Sandwich urgently required following position for Material Characterisation Senior Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Material Characterisation Senior Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Pfizer Sandwich Jobs Details:
Material Characterisation Senior Scientist,
Materials Characterisation Team, Technology and Business Solutions, Global Technology Services
Senior Scientist (P3)
The scientist will be primarily lab based utilizing a suite of physical and chemical characterisation techniques, which would include light microscopy, particle size analysis, powder flow, compression and sticking attributes along with spectroscopy and thermal techniques in support of product transfers, process understanding and troubleshooting investigations for the PGS network. The scientist would also act as the teams point of accountability around furthering of the application of molecular modelling in understanding and prediction of product performance attributes.
The scientist would be required to compile and data process their results for inclusion in the final project report, which is shared with the PGS Site customer. Accurate reporting of results within electronic lab notebooks would be required as the outcomes of experiment are used to increase understanding around product performance and/or enable root cause identification during troubleshooting investigations.
Technology and Business Solutions
Director/Team Leader Material Characterisation Team
May supervise Apprentices, IT’s and contractors
PGS site colleagues, external supply site colleagues and centre groups (e.g. Global Technology Services) along with Materials Sciences, PharmSci
Resources Controlled: (e.g. budget responsibility, etc.)
Determination of physical attributes of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API’s), excipients and pharmaceutical materials using a range of characterisation techniques, which would include microscopy, spectroscopy, sizing and surface characterisation methods.
Evaluation of the manufacturability of materials using a range of methodologies which would include powder flow, wettability, compaction and sticking methods.
Assessment of solid state properties of API’s and other materials as appropriate to determine polymorph form and stability, using methodologies such powder X-ray different and thermal analysis.
Application and understanding of available and developing molecular modelling and computational methods to enable increased understanding of material attributes on a predictive level.
Interpretartion and evaluation of analytical data and reporting results through presentations and technical reports, especially the translation of scientific output and technical content into a language understood by a wider, non-expert customer base.
Further opportunities will be available to grow in materials characterisation and to achieve higher grades, subject to experience, responsibilities and performance.
- Minimum of a Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Materials Science or a relevant discipline with preference for a PhD in Materials Science.
- Demonstrated Technical experience and practical abilities in solving pharmaceutical problems.
- Proven ability in autonomous project leadership with supported impactful outputs.
- Experience in applying a range of characterisation techniques in troubleshooting API and drug product manufacturing issues
- Profiency in leading, planning, performing and reporting experimental programmes which are multi-disciplinary.
- Broad understanding and application of particle characterisation, powder X-ray diffraction, spectroscopic and thermal analysis methods and how they relate to the characterisation of pharmaceutical materials.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of material assessment methods for their application in predicting the manufacturability performance of API’s and excipients.
- A meticulous and tenacious approach to problem solving which is both innovative and creative.
- Has an enquiring and inquisitive mind.
- Deep technical understanding of pharmaceutical tableting processes and prediction of performance at laboratory scale.
- Proven ability in the application of molecular modelling to provide fundamental understanding of pharmaceutical materials and their subsequent manufacturability.
- Strong understanding of physical characterisation methods and determination of appropriate methods to match material attributes.
- Comprehension of the principles of solid state properties and analytical techniques used to characterise them.
- Awareness of how to apply spectroscopic mapping and imaging methods for pharmaceutical material analysis.
- Ability to utilise wetting behaviours and surface properties to predict manufacturing capability.
- Evidence of excellence in laboratory and experimental skills.
- Ability to independently design hypothesis based experiments to determine impact of API form, formulation or manufacturing process by exercising sound scientific judgment based on knowledge of chemical, physical, and mechanical characteristics of materials used.
- Knowledge of the workings of pharmaceutical manufacturing, and associated processes.
- Positive attitude towards the application of new technology.
- Sound scientific judgement in own work and in problem solving.
- Good awareness of laboratory safety and practises.
- Sound skills in literature searching and application of findings.
- A proven achiever, e.g. targets met, problems solved.
- Clear, well organised, enthusiastic and concise presentation.
- Open and responsive to suggestions and questions.
- Experienced in writing scientific reports and proven ability to critic the work of others.
- Deep technical knowledge of own and related work.
- Understanding of strategy behind research.
- Enthusiasm for Materials Characterisation
- Desire and reasons to work for Pfizer in Materials Characterisation.
- Committed to continually applying dosage form, chemical and physical knowledge to the challenges of pharmaceutical materials science.
- Strong interest in subject and show desire and ability to expand knowledge, learn and develop.
- Ability to communicate within the team, share and transfer skills and expertise with others.
- Ability to co-ordinate and organise own work effectively.
- Ability to work/interact with a range of people across multi-disciplines.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, reliable, and hard-working.
- Natural problem solver.
- Demonstrates an enquiring and inquisitive attitude.
- Good awareness of customer relations.
- Pro-active; makes things happen.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Communicates well.
- Interactive, asking and listening.
- Eager to learn, grow and develop.
- Ability to co-ordinate and organise work and resources effectively.
- Drive for results and ability to deliver quality results under pressure.
- Confident in own ability and acknowledges own limitations.
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions.
- Effective team worker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Consistent record of high performance.
Opening Date: 08 February 2018
Closing Deadline for applications: 08 March 2018
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.