Capital Markets Director Jobs Vacancy at Prodigy Finance London
Prodigy Finance London urgently required following position for Capital Markets Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Capital Markets Director Jobs Vacancy at Prodigy Finance London Jobs Details:
Prodigy Finance - Who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Our team of over 140 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced structured finance/capital markets professional who thrives in a complex environment tackling challenging assignments, who is an independent thinker and an omnivorous learner, and who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
You will join our growing capital markets team, where you will work closely with senior members of the team to manage all aspects of funding supply for the business. We are a non-hierarchical team; this means that you will have exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You will be given as much accountability as you can handle and with significant senior management exposure.
Working in a small company that is growing fast, your impact will be visible and influential to the trajectory of the company’s continuing success. Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with stakeholders in the business around the world on a regular basis. Being an organisation that’s passionate about education, we place a high value on learning and personal growth.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential, and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in Fintech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by one of the top European VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
Joining our newly formed Capital Markets team, your role will involve working on the end to end planning, origination, execution and management of a complex and diverse range of financing transactions.
You will lead investor relationships, manage the preparation of marketing materials and data analysis, build and run financial models and assist with planning and management of our funding requirements, maintaining a high level of connectivity with other areas of the business.
You will have extensive exposure to our target investors which comprise leading global investment banks, development agencies, high net worth and family offices, impact and retail investors, with whom you will be involved with executing multi-million dollar transactions on a regular basis.
Your role will include:
- Lead role in investor activities, funding strategy and planning
- End to end management of funding transactions including structuring, due diligence and documentation
- Carrying out high quality and accurate data analysis and preparing investor materials
- Full ownership for building and maintaining complex transaction models
- Working closely with other business functions in relation to data management and reporting
You’ll be measured on the following:
- Contribution to securing the funding position of the business across multiple sources and developing our investor relationships
- Leading successful execution of capital markets transactions and involvement in effective funding strategy and planning
- Delivering high quality models, data, and insights, which break down problems into solvable components, provide clearly backed up options to inform the decision maker’s thinking
- Presenting recommendations and implementing solutions which genuinely help drive strategic and operational decision making and improve business performance
- The volume of your output – can you get stuff done often to a tight deadline? The quality of your output – is your work product “best in class”, accurate and well presented? Your proactivity – can you get stuck in without much direction or management?
- Building strong relationships across all stakeholders within Prodigy Finance
- Ability to work autonomously with other team members and show accountability in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment bringing a “results focused” approach and great commercial judgment
- Confident and presentable, strong communicator, able to interact independently with investors and other external stakeholders and lead and develop high quality relationships
- Outstanding analytical thinking capability; advanced analysis and skills (able to build financial models, useful analysis tools and dashboards from scratch); both quantitative and qualitative; able to learn new concepts and business issues quickly
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task, schedule and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues, opportunities and process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong attention to detail; logical, systematic, relentless focus on 100% accuracy, a strong desire for errorless and perfectly presented work product
- Problem-solving aptitude; able to conduct research to define problems and prepare responses to anticipated questions and queries, make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles, and consider different approaches during the decision-making process
- Startup DNA; Resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, financial and transaction based experience (ABS, leveraged finance, LBO) with a structured finance/capital markets background, ideally from a leading investment bank, investment house or private equity firm
- Alternatively, a background in general banking, corporate finance or consulting with proven deal experience in relevant debt and equity transactions
- Possess a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting or economics) and have an excellent academic and professional record, CFA as a plus
- Advanced financial modelling & data analytical skills in MS Excel (VBA)
- Commercial, bright, motivated, energetic, independent, organized, creative, resilient, accurate, ethical
- Great communicator, people person, professional presenter, brand ambassador
- Must be adaptable to change and the fast pace of a dynamic Fintech startup
- Startup experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow.
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Capital Markets Director? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.