Dog Grooming Stylist Oxford Cowley Jobs Vacancy at Pets Home Oxford
Pets Home Oxford urgently required following position for Dog Grooming Stylist Oxford Cowley. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dog Grooming Stylist Oxford Cowley Jobs Vacancy at Pets Home Oxford Jobs Details:
Stylist (Dog Groomer)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 430 stores and over 280 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer.
We offer various in-house training courses which are designed to provide our Stylists with a broader skillset and keep you up to date with the latest trends, including cat grooming, first aid and breed-specific courses.
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
• As Stylist you will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and you’ll deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming.
• You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service within the salon.
• Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
• You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
• As Stylist you will assist with the training and development of other salon colleagues.
• Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7
• You’ll have experience of working within a grooming environment, and ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you’ve taken a hands-on approach.
• It is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
• Having a grooming related qualification would also be beneficial.
• You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
• You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
• You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
• Competitive rate of pay, £10.05 per hour, plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• An extra days holiday when you move home
• Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This
can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care
Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
• Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to
celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are
expecting or adopting a baby!
• Team reward vouchers
• “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available
exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
• Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to
work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.