Site Manager Jobs Vacancy at Portway Infant School Andover
Portway Infant School Andover urgently required following position for Site Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Site Manager Jobs Vacancy at Portway Infant School Andover Jobs Details:
We are looking for a very special person to join our team here at Portway Infant School.
We need an energetic, enthusiastic and conscientious person who is flexible, hardworking and practical to join our friendly team. We have a large site with beautiful grounds and the successful candidate will work with us to provide the best possible learning environment for our children.
Duties will be carried out across a split shift from 6.30am to 9.15am and 3.00pm to 6.15pm Mon-Fri. These hours could be negotiable for the right applicant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Being responsible for site security including the daily opening and closing of the school and occasionally outside normal hours for school events as required.
• Acting as a key holder for the school and attending emergency call outs when necessary
• Regular checking and record keeping of the fire alarm system
• Regular checking and record keeping to meet legislative Health & Safety requirements e.g. COSHH, legionella etc.
• Arrange and supervise contractors on site
• Work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and the school
• Liaise and manage a programme of general DIY repairs including planned and preventative maintenance and redecoration
• Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the school site including monitoring contract cleaning and grounds maintenance works
• Monitoring stocks and ordering supplies
• Supporting school's outdoor learning programme
• Liaising with the Portway Junior School Site Manager
• Liaising with the Admin Manager, Headteacher and Governors
The ideal candidate will:
• Be honest, reliable and flexible
• Be self-motivated, organised and able to work using their own initiative
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be able to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Be confident using IT
• Have excellent time management skills
• Have evidenced experience of basic plumbing, painting and carpentry skills
• Be practical and able to cope with the demands of a large site
• Be willing to attend training
Previous Site Management experience is not essential as full training and support will be provided to the right candidate.