Maintenance Controller Jobs Vacancy at East Midlands Trains Derby
East Midlands Trains Derby urgently required following position for Maintenance Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance Controller Jobs Vacancy at East Midlands Trains Derby Jobs Details:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join East Midlands Trains as a Maintenance Controller based at the East Midlands Trains Control Centre (EMCC) in Derby. The Maintenance Controller will be the first point of contact for technical support in the event of train or service failure.
The Maintenance Controller will:
• Provide immediate support and advice to drivers, traincrew and other members of the team in the event of a train fault or failure in service
• Working as part of our Control Team manage the maintenance of our HST and 15x Fleets to ensure that our customers have a great experience while travelling with us
• Work closely with our Maintenance Depot teams to ensure failures are rectified promptly to minimise delay and prevent cancellations
• Liaise with our Engineering Teams to provide data on the fleet status and performance
• Maintain a log of incident defects, vehicle histories, faults and defects, and work done by maintenance staff
• Manage the technical response to train failures working with our depot and mobile technicians to get our customers moving as quickly as possible
We are looking for an excellent organiser with the desire to drive improvements and in turn directly positively impact service. You will be focused on keeping defects and delays to a minimum to ensure East Midlands Trains targets for Right Time Railway and Customer Experience are met and exceeded. You will possess technical knowledge in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and have experience within a rail depot environment. Training can be provided but will take approximately 6 months. Competence using IT systems including RAVERS, TRUST and Web Gemini would be highly beneficial, but this can be trained. Technical knowledge of the 15x and HST fleets would also be preferred.
Please note this post requires shift working as part of a 24/7 roster that includes weekends and bank holidays.
The successful candidate will enjoy a wide range of benefits including a defined benefit pension scheme and free travel on the East Midlands Trains network. You will also receive subsidised travel across the rail network with other train operating companies.
To apply please complete the online application form and upload your CV. As we operate a blind screening process please remove all personal information including your name from your CV.
To find out more about working life at East Midlands Trains you can visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/careers.