Staff Nurse Jobs Vacancy at Pennine Care Nhs Foundation Trust Rochdale
Pennine Care Nhs Foundation Trust Rochdale urgently required following position for Staff Nurse. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Nurse Jobs Vacancy at Pennine Care Nhs Foundation Trust Rochdale Jobs Details:
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
In July 2008 we became the 100th NHS Foundation Trust which provides greater freedom to tailor our future plans to best meet the needs of the communities we serve and be more accountable to local people.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Fundamental Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment
The John Elliot Unit at Birch Hill Hospital is a 42 bedded adult acute mental health unit with two wards one 18 beds and one with 24 beds. Both wards are mixed acute sex mental health providing services for adults of working age in the Borough of Rochdale.
You will be responsible for the assessment of needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients admitted on to the ward. You will supervise the work of junior staff, ensuring the highest possible standard of nursing care in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust, the Mental Health Act and all other legalisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide care and support to individuals with acute mental health needs in an inpatient setting under in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- To maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and carers. Being sensitive to their needs for respect, privacy and dignity and to act as a senior point of contact on the ward.
- To ensure that all staff follow the guidelines identified in both the Trusts’ and National policies.
- To assist in ensuring that the provision of nursing care is to the optimum standard achievable within allocated resources.
- To ensure that patients, their families and carers are directly involved in decisions which affect their care.
- To promote high standards of patient care by the application of a systematic care planning approach which utilises an appropriate nursing model.
- To initiate patient focussed interventions and developments, which reflect social, cultural and spiritual needs.
- To ensure that each patient has a comprehensive and holistic assessment of their care needs with a mutually agreed plan of care between the patient and the nurse.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and flexible in approach and must have a first level registration (RNMH).
You will have experience of working in acute in-patient mental health settings and a comprehensive understanding of Mental Illness, knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with acute mental health needs.
You should have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CPA process and knowledge of current policy and guidance in relation to the development of Acute Mental Health Services.
Consideration may be given to newly qualified nurses requiring initial preceptorship.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Julie Miller
Job Title: Acting Ward manager
Contact Number: 0170676120 or 01706676117
All new starters to Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust who are appointed to a post which requires a Disclosure Barring Certificate check (DBS) will be recharged for the full cost of the check. Substantive staff can choose to spread the cost over their first three months’ salary or pay the full amount from their first months’ salary. Members to the Trust bank must repay the full amount from their first pay. The Trust encourages all staff and bank workers to register with the DBS update service at an annual cost of £13, for bank members this is obligatory. The cost of an enhanced DBS check is £44 and for a standard check £26, both attract an administration charge of £3.50.
- Priority will be given to applications from NHS employees with an at risk status
- This post is on PCFT T&C's. If you are an internal employee currently on transferred T&C's and you are voluntarily applying for this post please be aware that should you be appointed the T&C's of this post will transfer to PCFT.
- Applicants will be informed about the progress of their application following shortlisting. Applicants who clearly demonstrate the criteria listed in the person specification will be shortlisted for interview.
- You will be contacted via email. Please check your spam filter, if any mail goes to your junk folder you will need to mark it as safe. Computer access is available via your local Job Centre & Library
- Applicants applying for the position who want to be considered under the disability 2 ticks scheme will be guaranteed an interview if they meet the essential criteria on the person specification for the post
- If you require reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process please contact 0161 716 3181 at the earliest opportunity to ensure that measures can be put in place to enable your application for this post
- The Trust cannot guarantee the transfer of lease cars or cover the costs of early termination charges
- We have a strict policy on unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact Recruiting Managers directly
Disclosure and Barring Service Check This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
UK Registration Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas .
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.