Handyperson Security Operative Jobs Vacancy at Interserve Gloucester
Interserve Gloucester urgently required following position for Handyperson Security Operative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Handyperson Security Operative Jobs Vacancy at Interserve Gloucester Jobs Details:
The post holder will support the contract team in the provision of a high quality service. To ensure security and upkeep of designated areas by carrying out general and specific duties as directed. This role may require you to travel to other locations within a 50 mile radius. Travel costs will be reimbursed on these occasions.
Please note for this role if you are successfully selected for the final stage of the recruitment process you will be required to undergo DV (Developed Vetting) Clearance as well
- To carry out general security, portering, maintenance and cleaning duties as required by the Regional Manager or his/her delegated representative.
- Security duties generally involve main entrance traffic control, checking passes and front desk access control.
- Maintenance duties generally involve addressing minor internal issues as directed; i.e. clearing blocked drains and toilets, dealing with minor spillages, replacing defective light bulbs and lamps, carrying out portable appliance testing, gardening/landscape management.
- Painting and decorating as directed.
- Portering duties include setting up rooms for the business day including AV equipment, sound systems, media systems, setting up furniture and so forth as required. Mail collection and delivery services. Collection of classified waste. Assist with any other duties commensurate with the post for the effective provision of service.
- Cleaning duties generally limited to providing cover for sickness or holidays.
- This is a customer-facing role.
What we are looking for
Knowledge skills & experience
- SIA Door Security qualification - desirable
- Demonstrable previous experience as a handyperson
- Previous experience in a customer-facing environment
- Manual Handling ability
- Experience of painting/decorating - desirable
- Experience of plumbing - desirable
- Able to work in a demanding and busy environment
- Basic computer knowledge - desirable
- Basic knowledge of heating and air conditioning plant – desirable
- Carpentry skills - desirable
- Communication skills
- Must hold, or be willing to apply for developed vetting security clearance
- Flexible/Adaptable in approach to work
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Proactive approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery – attention to detail essential
- Driven to complete tasks above expectations
- Diligent, professional and intuitive
Additional Information A Developed Vetting (DV) check will be needed for this role and candidates must be prepared to undergo this intrusive investigation. As such, a realistic start date will be 9-12 months post interview.