Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Ipswich
Willis Towers Watson Ipswich urgently required following position for Financial Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Ipswich Jobs Details:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Responsible for the delivery of key elements of the UK accounting and controllership function of Willis Limited and certain other UK trading entities. The role reports into the Financial Controller Willis Limited, and will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, internal controls and delivery and execution of Finance’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Responsible for the delivery of certain accounting and controllership activities of the Willis Limited finance team, including performing SPOE reviews on inputs and journals from other colleagues.
- To take an active role in the restructuring and team transition as certain journal and reconciliation activities are outsourced to a third party provider
- Primary point of contact for the Client Money Manager for client money activities within the financial accounting area of responsibility
- Operate the financial control framework and client money controls for the certain other UK regulated and trading entities and seek continual improvement of that framework – including acting as Financial Controller for SCR run off.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and delivery of Project Unify including the ERP roll out, FAH development and the service delivery model.
- Active engagement with the integration of activities under a combined WTW finance function, including on-boarding certain business unit activities into the Controllership function
- Ensure UK external audit team deliverables are completed
- Periodic production of financial statements and delivery of external reporting requirements including regulatory returns.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent
- Financial control / accounting process design and delivery
- Risk management: identification, monitoring and management
- Ability to manage workloads and competing demands
- Ability to mentor and develop other team members
- Considerable attention to detail
- Sound post qualification experience
- Audit and/or technical/financial accounting background
- Financial services and FCA exposure is prefferred
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.