Net Sql Mid Senior Level Software Developer Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London
Willis Towers Watson London urgently required following position for Net Sql Mid Senior Level Software Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Net Sql Mid Senior Level Software Developer Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London Jobs Details:
C#, .NET, SQL, Mid-Senior Level Software Developer
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Analytics Technology (AT) operates an Agile delivery model and is made up of a cross-functional team of software development specialists, geospatial information specialists and catastrophe and financial model builders who bring best-in-class analytics, thought leadership and expertise in designing, building and supporting industry standard risk analysis tools. AT is also responsible for the delivery of three of Willis Towers Watson’s major group-wide strategic change programmes, involving significant data, analytics, and externally facing technology components.
A talented Developer is required to join the Analytics Technology function at Willis Towers Watson. Using Agile methodologies, you’ll work in an innovative cross-functional team responsible for using leading edge technologies to design, build and support web based analytical solutions.
You will use your practical experience to hit the ground running and contribute to developing high quality code to help meet our complex business requirements.
The successful applicant will report to the Analytics Technology Development Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in developing the change capabilities of a global financial services organisation, where the focus will be on practical delivery and reacting to the highest value business needs.
Note that some travel may be required as part of the engagement with business and technology stakeholders.
To maintain an awareness of technology trends both within and outside of the organisation, including:
- Sufficient understanding of enterprise architecture to ensure enhancements and solution redesigns are in line with the enterprise vision
- Providing health-check recommendation for the ongoing ‘fit-for-purpose’ state of our service
- Working to defined Development best practices and principles to enable Willis Towers Watson to deliver industry-leading technology solutions
To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
Experience / Requirements
- Good knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles, including DI and decoupled design
- Ensuring quality through unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience of Agile methodologies (one or more of Scrum / Kanban / XP, etc.)
- First-rate communication skills and the ability to apply these to rapid and creative problem solving in a pressurised environment
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, involving multiple stakeholder groups and perspectives
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements
- BSc degree qualified educated in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Science or Computer Science)
- Experience of working in a financial services organisation, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry / insurance broking.
- Exposure to Microsoft TFS agile planning tools including build and release management
- Experience of working with Azure Cloud Services
- Experience of service based development using technologies such as WCF, Web API and RESTful services
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Catastrophe Modelling Experience (RMS, EQECAT, etc.)
- Exposure to NOSQL technologies (such as Couchbase or Mongo DB)
- Experience of performance tuning and optimising techniques
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.