Program Manager Exports Operations Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London
Amazon London urgently required following position for Program Manager Exports Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Manager Exports Operations Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London Jobs Details:
This local AGL (EU) team has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with the Global Logistics team worldwide developing capabilities, products and carrier strategies that continue to improve our competitive position in our existing market places, between our market places, exports and also new geographies expansion. The local team will also be working very closely with the local Transportation and Operations team to leverage existing agreements, assets and capabilities to continue strengthening our product offering to our sellers and extend our reach to our customers across the world. The EU team will also have access to AGL teams globally, based in India, US, Japan, Singapore, Australia and China, ensuring that we continue to link our Origin capabilities with Destination needs to reduce transportation and shipping costs and improve our on time and in full performance metric and or delivery promise.
This role is responsible for leading a team to manage daily activities of the international cross border operation for EU region by managing AGL-selected Logistics Service Providers (LSP) that fulfill export services for Amazon and other Amazon subsidiaries
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership: Establish and lead a team that manages international operation. Foster strong and positive team spirit and develop team capability to deliver outstanding performance.
- KPI owner: Own import operations KPI and metrics. Proactively manage the in-scope metrics such as C2D, EAD, PDD, CPU.
- Cost Reduction: Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for export operations via improved LSP efficiency and reduced ad hoc charges. Drive or support procurement team’s sourcing of relevant LSPs.
- Risk Management: Develop annual volume forecast and peak plan. Solve for capacity and capability issues ahead of the needs. Drive LSPs’ service reliability and flexibility. Identify at-risk operations and develop/execute contingency protocol to minimize service failures.
- Lane/product strategies: Ensure cross functional alignment with import & export operation strategy, including FBA Exports and FC Transfers. Propose or support relevant new lane and new product launches that add values to customers and/or Amazon. Jointly design and implement optimal operation models for different countries and service level agreement (SLA). Seek synergies in these varieties for operational efficiency gain.
- Carrier Management: Ensure that carriers perform to agreed operating standards and that volume allocations to the carriers are managed accordingly. Where carriers are not performing this is to be escalated to the Procurement team to address contractually.
- Communication: Communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve consistency and precision of the AGL service commitment to internal and external clients.
- Ops/Tech SME: As the SME for the import operation, possess deep understanding how business requirements are delivered by Amazon’s tech solutions. Serve as SME for GTN and XBTMS. Provide BRD or feature requests to ensure tech support for relevant operations scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
- 5+ years managerial experiences with proven positive influences and delivery of high quality results.
- Expert knowledge in major trade lanes and core cross-border ship modes (ocean, air, express parcel).
- Working knowledge of landside operations, customs regulation, tariffs, rates, and carrier management.
- Proven track record to manage vendors and third party logistics providers to drive their performance.
- Strong analytical thinking, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, project management skills, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
- 2+ years of experiences with Amazon in FC, supply chain, NA inbound scheduling or transportation
- Multi-language skills is preferred (Chinese, German, Italian, Spanish or French)
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural environment. Work under pressure and aggressive timelines.