Marketing Assistant With Glasgow Ceramics Studio Jobs Vacancy at Adopt Intern Glasgow
Adopt Intern Glasgow urgently required following position for Marketing Assistant With Glasgow Ceramics Studio. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Assistant With Glasgow Ceramics Studio Jobs Vacancy at Adopt Intern Glasgow Jobs Details:
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for raising the profile of the Glasgow Ceramics Studio (GCS) locally, nationally and on an international level. Reporting to the Manager of Glasgow Ceramics Studio the successful applicant will be responsible for the set-up and development of four major projects at the studio:
• The introduction and development of a ceramic graduate internship at the studio. This will primarily target new ceramic graduates internationally, and encourage them to establish their practice in, or relocate to Scotland.
• The establishment of an associate membership program. The graduate will be responsible for the implementation of a new scheme at the studio, which will give external members the use of the studio’s equipment and provide them with assistance and support from full-time studio members
• Development of a mid-career ceramics residency. The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for the establishment and promotion of a ceramics residency at the studio, targeting established, internationally-based artists.
• ‘Rebrand’ and Promotion of the studio online and through social media. The graduate will examine and develop new marketing strategies for the studio, with a view to promoting the studio internationally, online and through various social media platforms. They will also be expected to train studio members on using these promotional tools. Under this remit, they will work closely with the Studio Manager in designing and commissioning a new website.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Examine marketing strategies of other established arts studios and propose and develop marketing strategies and campaigns for the GCS.
• Develop a clear brand and identity for the studio and communicate this effectively, both internally and externally.
• Support the Studio Manager in liaising with internship providers and course directors in targeted geographical areas, to promote both the ceramics graduate internship and mid-career residency. The intern would be responsible for all related correspondence during their internship.
• Oversee the development of dynamic content (written, visual, video) for multi-channel dissemination e.g. website, e-shots and social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Periscope. These platforms should be used to market the studio internationally, targeting mid career artists and group studios, particularly in the US, Canada, China, Australia, Europe and Ireland.
• Maintenance and regular update of the website, managing and coordinating input from colleagues as appropriate.
• Use of social media measurement tools to monitor and enhance future digital marketing outputs.
Communications and Media
• Nurture relationships with local and regional press and bloggers in and beyond the arts, securing editorial coverage to promote and advertise the associate membership program locally and all three new programs in ceramic and craft magazines internationally
• Build and maintain a contacts database, to be used for promotional campaigns.
• Training of studio members on using social media to promote the studio’s activities on both a group and an individual level.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a background such as marketing, advertising or pr/comms who is keen to build on their existing skills through work in the applied arts field. Applications from those with a passion for the creative industries and ideally an interest in ceramics are particularly welcome.
A pleasant and confident telephone manner is essential, along with the ability to generate and follow up leads. You should be able to demonstrate a highly organised working style as well as a willingness to take the initiative. You will be self-motivated, determined and resilient.
A friendly and accurate writing style is very important, as is a genuine interest in engaging your audience.
The ability to use InDesign/Photoshop would be advantageous but is not essential, however, you should be able to demonstrate that you understand the tools for measuring online engagement with marketing activity.
This exclusive 3-month internship is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in marketing and business development Within this role you will have the opportunity to expand your professional network whilst empowering a dynamic and innovative creative arts organisation.
Closing date for applications is 28 September 2017, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Monday the 16th October 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.