Health Safety Support Manager London Jobs Vacancy at Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas urgently required following position for Health Safety Support Manager London. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Health Safety Support Manager London Jobs Vacancy at Bureau Veritas Jobs Details:
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the third consecutive year.
Health & Safety Support Manager (Centre of Excellence, COE),
Salary : Flexible with an excellent benefits package
As a result of ongoing success we currently have a need to appoint a Health & Safety Support Manager to join us at our one of our key client’s office in London.
The client is a large FTSE 100 company and Bureau Veritas manages their complete property portfolio across the UK, Europe and Middle East.
Reporting to the Global Health & Safety Lead, this role will be responsible for supporting and developing the health & safety arrangement and implementation of best-in-class safety program and culture for our client.
The successful incumbent will support the Global HS Lead in rolling out new compliance and best management practices programs across the organisation, as well as working autonomously to contribute to and lead bespoke health and safety related projects and major tasks creating an environment around EHS that is front of mind, real time and embedded in every day behaviours
- Attend and provide guidance at periodic functional meetings, including engineering, FM and capital projects areas.
- Assist with ensuring the organisation against internal policy, standards and procedures
- Assist with the maintenance and drafting of internal HS standards and procedures
- Provide compliance assurance with the client and regulatory requirements regarding health and safety.
- Drive the execution of the HS standards and procedures within regional HS teams
- Act as a primary point of support and guidance for regional HS teams
- Execute a regular programme of HS projects such as global HS training refresh
- Work with operations teams to support in the effective adoption of procedures and the implementation of risk reduction/mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Develop a governance framework to ensure effective oversight of regional responsibilities as a process of continued readiness for Key Indicator Report and Internal Audit.
- Plan, execute and deliver a range of bespoke operational health and safety projects.
- Maintain quantitative HS measures that accurately reflect safety performance and culture. This includes monthly dashboards as well as ad hoc reports as requested.
- Produce management reports and apply statistical analysis as required.
- Attend and contribute to health & safety committees as required.
- Manage the review and updating the health and safety intranet site and contribute to the development of information management systems.
- Ensure that the approach to the management of health & safety is proactive and delivers tangible value to stakeholders.
- CMIOSH level, or GradIOSH – working towards chartered
- Significant prior experience leading a progressive and successful H&S program in a large and geographically diverse organisation
- Practical working knowledge of Health and Safety tools and techniques, ideally within a Facilities Management, Real Estate and Engineering environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant standards, legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures
- Demonstrated acumen in safety program management
- Ability to drive continuous improvement programs in the interest of incrementally improving the safety culture and performance
- Strong organizational skills, information management proficiency and collaborative style.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and related best practice
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with clients, colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of staff and stakeholders demonstrated by excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player capable of organising and managing their time, with a pragmatic and solution-focussed approach to problem solving and a
- patient approach to dealing with people
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.