Cyber Security Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Ovo Energy Bristol
Ovo Energy Bristol urgently required following position for Cyber Security Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cyber Security Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Ovo Energy Bristol Jobs Details:
£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days' Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We've been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we're looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join us in Bristol and work with our Tech Operations and Product teams to support the overall requirements of our security program.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
- Support our Technology Function by performing security research and development, product evaluations, consulting and project support
- Play a lead role in the initial evaluation, subsequent improvement and ongoing support of security for organisations joining the OVO Group
- Effectively communicate with colleagues regardless of their technical abilities regarding security
- Work with suppliers to ensure conformance with our security requirements
- Review and follow-up third party risk assessments
- A strong technical background with at least four years' experience with penetration testing or security engineering
- A background in DevOps and/or DevSecOps
- Experience of managing SIEM solutions
- Vulnerability Assessment / Penetration Testing
- SIEM/Logging platforms
- Web Application Firewalls
- ASV scanning platforms
- Software engineering
Other organisations may call this role Cyber Security Engineer, Security Software Engineer, SOC Engineer, Security Operations Centre Engineer, Messaging Security Engineer, or TechOps Engineer.
What are the perks?
- Join a business that's in the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in central Bristol
- Free breakfast every day + half price Friska
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Discounted gym membership
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
To apply for the role of Cyber Security Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.