Permissions Controller Jobs Vacancy at Oxford University Press Oxford
Oxford University Press Oxford urgently required following position for Permissions Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Permissions Controller Jobs Vacancy at Oxford University Press Oxford Jobs Details:
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
English Language Teaching is a global division, with over 1300 employees based across 40 countries. The division’s purpose is to help the world learn English. By providing the world’s leading English language learning resources we help teachers and learners to achieve their potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the busy Content Strategy Operations team – we work across five different content sectors to provide operational and administrative support for our editorial colleagues, enabling the efficient delivery of content to our customers.
The Permissions Controller reports to the Head of Content Strategy Operations and is responsible for ensuring that permissions for the use of 3rd party text-based content in all English Language Teaching division publications are sourced and cleared efficiently and in accordance with copyright law.
About the role
Core responsibilities include:
- Research, manage and administer the clearance of permissions for text and song lyric content
- Maintain permissions records on the Permissions Database
- Work with outsourced suppliers to deliver permissions clearance services
- Support staff in Content Strategy as a key point of contact advising on rights issues
- Advise on appropriate content sources
- Manage costs and budgets for permissions
- Problem solve and look for ways to continuously improve the permissions clearance workflow
- Report on key measures for permissions every month
You will have some previous experience or knowledge in text and lyric permissions clearance. You will be self-motivated with the ability to organize your own work, using your initiative to prioritize tasks and manage multiple demands and deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of permissions clearance for educational publishing or equivalent.
- Strong administration, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with colleagues, 3rd party copyright holders and outsourced suppliers.
- Knowledge of copyright law applicable to permissions clearance.
- Experience of using databases to maintain records and information on permissions.
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and demands and delegate effectively to outsourced suppliers.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets.
- Ability or willingness to negotiate fees with 3rd party copyright holders and outsourced suppliers.
Job Type: Permanent