Junior Web Designer Year Placement Jobs Vacancy at Sports Direct Nottingham
Sports Direct Nottingham urgently required following position for Junior Web Designer Year Placement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Web Designer Year Placement Jobs Vacancy at Sports Direct Nottingham Jobs Details:
Junior Web Designer - 1 Year Placement
Head Office - Shirebrook, Mansfield
National Living Wage
Closing Date for this application is 01/04/2018
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Essential knowledge and experience:JUNIOR WEB DESIGNER- 1 YEAR PLACEMENT
Sports Direct is the UK’s largest sports retailer, operating from over 400 locations in the UK and Europe and with expansion plans already confirmed, this really is an exciting place to work. Based at our purpose built UK Head Office in Shirebrook, Mansfield (10 mins from Junc 29, M1) this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join Sports Direct's expanding web team. We’re looking for a Junior Web Designer to join our E-commerce team on an industrial placement.
Taking on a real job at a junior level, you’ll have the opportunity to get industry experience using your HTML, CSS and Photoshop skills alongside our existing Web Team. As part of our Web Design Team, your role will be diverse and challenging, the more you put in the more you’ll get out. From researching new ideas to implementing a best practice approach – you’ll experience it all across our online portfolio of websites.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Creating, designing and maintaining unique looking websites whilst adhering to brand and company guidelines
- Developing landing pages for relevant websites
- Researching and presenting potential new features that could be applied to our group of websites
- Working closely with the IT team when implementing new features
- Performing necessary usability tests on new features with relevant bug-fixing where required
- Creating promotional graphics as and when required
- Going through the UI/UX process from start to finish including sketching and prototyping
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Studying Web Design, or a related degree relevant to the placement
- A sound knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability and confidence to present and explain original ideas to the team and other departments
- Capable of effectively prioritising workloads and meeting strict deadlines according to needs of the business
- Keen to develop and grow as an individual within the businessWorks well as part of a team
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Web Design work experience preferred but not essential
- Experience of creating and manipulating jQuery
- Experience of testing websites across multiple platforms including tablet and mobileExperience of UI and UX
Location:Unit A, Brook Park East, Meadow Lane, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY
Duration: 12 months
Start: June 2018
Deadline: 1st April 2018
Salary: National Living Wage