Apprentice Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Sensor Coating Systems Limited Dagenham
Sensor Coating Systems Limited Dagenham urgently required following position for Apprentice Laboratory Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Sensor Coating Systems Limited Dagenham Jobs Details:
This position will support the manufacture, testing and development of Thermal History Sensors. This will involve training and use of most of the equipment on site. The position will require assisting in all laboratory based SCS activities, and will also include self-contained research projects into its products. Support will also be expected in delivering customer contracts. Some of the tasks will involve:
- Pigment/paint manufacture, synthesis and its characterisation including optical properties.
- Help implement and quality control procedure and apply this to all new batches
- Calibration campaigns through the use of high temperature furnaces and measurement with SCS’s laser-based instrumentation.
- Support in research, involving the investigation of several critical parameters. This will involve synthesising materials with different properties in order to understand their impact on performance.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to perform laboritory tasks following spoecified methodologies such as standard operation procedures.
- Must be able to produce reliable, accurate data and be able to to keep records of laboritory work undertaken and results.
- Must enjoy presenting and handling data.
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively using a range of skills.
- Be able to manage time effectively and complete work to deadlines.
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas to improve the business.
- Must be able to work under highly regulated conditions due to needing to control the safety and quality of products.
- Must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's and must include maths, English and Science at grade C or above or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a laboratory would be desirable.
- Must have a keen interest in laboratory work and processing scientific data.
Future prospects Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity for f full time position.