Assistant Ecologist Jobs Vacancy at Atkins Derby
Atkins Derby urgently required following position for Assistant Ecologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Ecologist Jobs Vacancy at Atkins Derby Jobs Details:
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career as an ecological consultant? Atkins are seeking a new Assistant Ecologist to join our existing team in Derby. This is a permanent position.
As one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and design consultancies, Atkins offers opportunities for talented ecologists to work on a wide variety of projects. Our award-winning ecology experts combine technical excellence with a pragmatic approach. Biodiversity and our clients benefit from our innovations.
The dynamic and influential relationship between our ecology team and our engineering, planning and design colleagues combined with the support of our unique in-house Academy system provide exceptional opportunities for ecologists to develop both their technical and commercial skills.
At Atkins we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
• Must have a degree in a relevant discipline and preferably an MSc;
• Membership (at any level) of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would be an advantage.
• Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species survey capability, ideally with an area of specialisation such as birds;
• Botanical skills and interests and/or a survey licence for one or more protected species, would be especially beneficial;
• Experience of new and potentially innovative survey techniques and equipment/applications would be of interest;
• Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment, protected species development licence applications and implementation of mitigation on site would be an advantage;
• Demonstrate exceptional written communications skills and have experience in writing technical reports and proposals.
• Must demonstrate integrity, commitment and conscientiousness;
• Must demonstrate a collaborative and pro-active approach to work with team members and other Atkins business units;
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills;
• Can demonstrate innovation and strong drive to succeed;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• Applicants for this position must have a full valid driving licence.
• Must be prepared to be flexible over travel and hours, especially during spring/summer survey season when it is a requirement to be available to work in the evenings and early mornings and be away from home for one or more nights per week, as projects require.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.