Procurement Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Msd Hoddesdon
Msd Hoddesdon urgently required following position for Procurement Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Msd Hoddesdon Jobs Details:
MSD’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing MSD's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Sourcing Specialist will be committed and highly motivated with a natural flair for negotiation and relationship management, with exceptional gravitas for engaging senior stakeholders, working with them across multiple local, European and global Procurement Projects within numerous Indirect categories with full accountability and ownership of projects from end-to-end.
The team scope is covering numerous categories including Marketing, Travel and Meeting, Corporate & HR services, IT, Fleet, Logistics and Facility Management
This role will work closely with stakeholders across the entire business and will have responsibility for leading and managing all commercial and contractual interaction with external suppliers.
This position is a key link between stakeholders and the Sourcing Centers of Expertise (CoE) within Global Procurement.
- Represents supply sector(s) locally, understanding supply strategies and agreements and describing the benefits to their site and MSD overall.
- Manages the end-to-end procurement process (RFI, RFP, RFQ, contract drafting & negotiation, supplier & stakeholder management) for the full spectrum of indirect spend categories.
- Creates and develop source plans for local categories based on internal requirements, supply market analysis and cost models – and also supports and provides information for input into “above site” spend categories.
- Implements regional and global sourcing initiatives locally and leads local cross-functional sourcing teams through the Sourcing Management Process.
- Identifies and documents all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
- Operates within the boundaries of Global Procurement Policy.
Key tasks for this position are:
- Global Category team: Understands the strategy developed by the CoE(s) and executes action plans to achieve the sourcing team’s objectives. Works with global and regional teams (Supply Strategy Council – SSC), actively contributes to the definition of the category strategy and supports project implementation. Leads ad-hoc sourcing projects in partnership with the category team.
- Sourcing: Understands and collects business needs and identifies stakeholder requirements. Uses the Sourcing Management Process (SMP) to pro-actively manage such requirements in order to optimize value and ensure appropriate risk management. Leads local sourcing activities (RFx) and negotiates at tactical and strategic levels to develop local contracts. Presents and articulate Sourcing strategies and Awards decision in front of the Sourcing Recommendation Committee (SRC).
- Negotiation Planning and Execution: Creates detailed pre-negotiation plans, leads negotiation sessions with suppliers and conducts post negotiation debriefs and follows through plans, gaining business acceptance and implementation.
- Contract Management: Prepares and implements contracts in line with both Corporate policies and local laws and regulations. Ensures full Compliance and audit readiness.
- Stakeholder management: Engages with executive stakeholders to ensure that the Procurement function continues to be seen as a valuable business partner in the company strategic goal and growth plans.
- Supplier Performance Management: Manages, Monitors, reports and seeks to continuously improve supplier performance. Ensures agreements and relationships have a good supplier matrix embedded within them.
- Continuous Improvement: conducts periodic stakeholder surveys or visits to validate their needs, and plans sourcing review accordingly. Pro-active in proposing solutions to improve ways of working. Manages relationship with suppliers in order to drive transparency and ensure cost effectiveness in business interactions. Participates in the team efforts to train internal customers regarding purchasing procedures, systems, preferred supplier sources and cost-effective procurement solutions.
- Supplier and Supply Market Analysis: Conducts detailed supplier and supply market analysis at the Local level looking at facts and data analysis, reports and changes in technology; with the objective of providing insight to Sourcing Management teams.
- Cost Analysis: Employs or develops detailed cost models/purchase price analysis of goods and services that are supplied to MSD using available data and analysis tools.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategic sourcing or procurement related roles in complex organizations required. Strong category experience in the indirect space. Pharmaceutical background as a plus.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and provides a good level of customer service. Also able to communicate the necessity for internal control standards and compliance procedures related to sourcing activities. Must have strong personal selling, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills and the ability to influence others in a team environment.
- Has the ability to present and articulate Sourcing strategies and Awards decision in front of a Leadership committee (SRC) and to contribute to Global and regional cross functional sourcing teams (Supply Strategy Council or SSC).
- Builds and actively seeks to develop relationships with other departments, functions and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience through various formats including presentations, reports and face-to-face dialogue.
- Is a team contributor, understands the overall team goals and works within his/her defined role in the team to ensure the entire team's success.
- Is competent in the use of web-based procurement tools and reporting systems throughout the organization.
- Has intermediate knowledge of Legal frameworks and contract development.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and business software. (in particular Word, Excel and Power Point as an Advanced user. Access as a plus). Fast learner when dealing with analytical tools.
- Excellent oral/written communications.
- Keen to work within a demanding environment, with high performance expectations.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Procurement Generic
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Hoddesdon
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD