Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy at The Children Society
The Children Society urgently required following position for Youth Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy at The Children Society Jobs Details:
Youth Worker - Telford & Shropshire Emotional Health & wellbeing service
37 hours per week
£22,034pa with an annual progression up to £24,482pa
Location - Shropshire (*Please note that this service is currently mobilising. When fully mobilised the role will be based in Shropshire. However, during mobilisation, this can be negotiated.)
The Children’s Society has been helping children and young people in this country for over 130 years. We run local services that support children when they are at their most vulnerable and in desperate need of help. We’re there for children, every step of the way.
This role sits within our children and families directorate, which works to provide immediate one-to-one and group support for children who urgently need support. Your role will be to help us maintain and develop innovative practice to support our work in our services around the country.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to support a developing team and service within The Children's Society.
You will contribute to the Youth Work support and participative component within the new service and will be responsible for the delivery of the engagement model.
You will have a recognised youth work qualification, or equivalent through experience and experience of working in settings with young People who have emotional, behavioural, and/or mental health difficulties. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An awareness of the Cornerstones of youth work which are Empowerment, Participation, Equality and Informal education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone skills
- An ability to engage new potential clients and complete assessments as and when required
- The ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with all clients
- The drive to mentor and encourage colleagues including volunteers and Allied Health Professionals
- A basic knowledge of anxiety and depression presentations in Primary Care and an understanding of evidence based interventions.
- A knowledge of the issues surrounding socio- economic factors and mental health.
- A knowledge of the issues that CYPYA face when accessing mental health services.
Every day we’re changing the lives of children in this country for the better – and with your help, tomorrow we can be there for even more.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 16th August 2017
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th August 2017