Band Litigation Assistant Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast
Kennedy Recruitment Belfast urgently required following position for Band Litigation Assistant Belfast. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Band Litigation Assistant Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast Jobs Details:
Vacancy Reference - 14107
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 3 Litigation Assistant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week and expected to for 3 months initially. The following duties will be required -
- On receipt of `letter before action' from a solicitor, to allocate a new claim reference number and open a new file for all further correspondence.
- At the direction of the litigation manager/litigation officer, to ensure that new litigation cases are referred onwards to the Client's legal advisers.
- To obtain patient number (clinical negligence) and request sight of appropriate records to assist in the processing of the claim.
- To request patients' casenotes from the Medical Records Libraries and to record when same are received in to / sent out from Legal Services Department.
- To enter details of claims into the DATIX claims management database.
- To ascertain whether incident documentation is available relating to the incident or care in question and to request same from the Corporate Risk Services Department, for onward transmission to the Client's legal advisers.
- To ascertain whether Complaints documentation is available relating to the incident or care in question and to request same from the Client's Complaints Department, for onward transmission to the Client's legal advisers.
- Where appropriate, to request radiology/imaging relating to patients and ensure that same is referred onwards to the Client's legal advisers.
- To send out mail and to ensure that a copy of all correspondence is held on file for future reference.
- To maintain a `brought forward' system, to ensure that reminders are issued for outstanding replies.
- To attach incoming mail to existing files and ensure that these are transferred for the attention of senior staff for action.
- To ensure that an up-to-date record is kept of clinical casenotes received and despatched by the Client's Legal Services Department.
- To deal with telephone queries and/or refer to appropriate staff for action as appropriate.
- Other general photocopying, filing.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time to assist in the running of the Legal Services Department.
- Five GCSE's, Grades A-C, to include English Language
- NVQ Level 2 (Administration)
- Minimum of one year's suitable clerical or administrative experience
- RSA Stage II Typewriting, or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in the use of the Patient Administration System
- Previous experience in the use of a database
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.