Governance Lead Pmo Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby
Rolls Royce Derby urgently required following position for Governance Lead Pmo. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Governance Lead Pmo Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby Jobs Details:
A new role within the Submarines Portfolio Management Office (PMO) has become available for a Governance Lead. In this role, you will be defining and implementing a governance process for milestones across the Submarines business. You will be influencing and supporting the implementation of a new Management Information System, providing you with an opportunity to influence and develop the project management landscape to be adopted across the business for the future.
You will support the PMO by defining, analysing and reporting delivery performance across the business against strategic objectives and projects as defined in the Business Plan. This will involve interpretation of data at a high-level for reporting to senior stakeholders in the business and at Nuclear Sector level.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Support the governance of business-wide delivery performance by defining, monitoring, analysing and reporting against milestone performance (including CTR01s, CTRs and internal deliverables), and developing and managing the process to do so.
- Support the governance of performance against strategic objectives and projects in the Business Plan by defining, monitoring, analysing and reporting progress across the business, and developing and managing the process to do so.
- Influence the future project management landscape by supporting and developing a new Management Information System via the Integrated Business Planning and Controls (IBPC) project of the Submarines Improvement and Transformation Programme (SIP).
- Provide monthly reports to programme directors, Submarines executive members, nuclear sector senior stakeholders and the MoD on Submarines delivery and Business Plan portfolio performance.
- Represent the Submarines PMO at senior internal meetings.
- Assist the PMO in governing adherence to the Submarines Operational Model and support the business by ensuring the Operating Model remains effective and efficient.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in the handling, collation, analysis and presentation of data associated with project planning and delivery.
- Experience of operating within structured project delivery environments.
- Familiarity with project governance methods and tools such as Earned Value Management (EVM), and Critical Path Analysis (CPA).
- Experience of source data systems for project management ie SAP, P6.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Good analytical reporting skills, ability to understand data and tailor the communication to suit the audience.
- Familiarity with the Submarines Business and processes.
- Some form of project management recognised training (APM/PRINCE 2).
- Relevant academic qualification (e.g. HNC/HND/Foundation degree).
- Relevant professional registration (e.g. AMP).
- Experience in using IBM Cognos software.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power and propulsion solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.
Job - Project Management
Primary Location - UK-MID-Derby
Schedule - Full-time