Director Retail Jobs Vacancy at Tui Group Luton
Tui Group Luton urgently required following position for Director Retail. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Retail Jobs Vacancy at Tui Group Luton Jobs Details:
Offering effortless service and easy to do business with. That’s the view we want our 5.2m customers to have of us at TUI UK & Ireland. We’re looking for a an inspirational leader who is as at ease with developing a multi-channel strategy and visioning the future of our retail proposition as they are with connecting with the 4500 brilliant colleagues who live, breathe and deliver the strategy and goals on a daily basis.
Collaborating with the Director of Ecommerce, Peers within Distribution & Cruise and the wider Customer Experience Director will be integral to the success of this role. Integrating the Online and Retail strategies to create a joined up 5 year plan is a key focus for us.
We’re on a transitional journey in our customer facing functions. New technology is planned and being delivered in the short and mid-term, which will enable a seamless customer experience across all distribution channels. As well as developing an integrated service culture you’ll also help us fully leverage operational efficiency opportunities from the new technology, as well as driving sales growth and margin performance.
What you will be doing As Director of Retail you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing a team capable of designing and implementing world-class customer experiences and operational excellence whilst achieving the distribution requirements of the UK’s largest tour operator, through the retail estate and working towards an online multi-channel business strategy.
Spreading smiles to colleagues is key to success at TUI. Supported by an experienced and passionate leadership team, you will maintain an already high performing and highly engaged workforce and ensure employee engagement levels remain high as you inspire teams to come on board with the strategic journey we’re taking.
Collaborating with other Directors within Distribution and Cruise, you’ll create a 'One Team' agenda across the Division and a culture that truly prioritises seamless and effortless customer experiences, embraces continuous improvement and eradicates problems at source regardless of channel.
You will create the Retail strategic framework, ensuring that service and distribution/commercial plans are aligned and you will ultimately be accountable for ensuring delivery of the retail service KPIs to support customer engagement scores and delivery of the Tour Operator distribution growth strategy, capacity share and retail P&L.
An important element of this role is the accountability of the Commercial Relations team that drives the commercial stakeholder relationships and the delivery of agreed strategies and plans between in-house and key 3rd party suppliers. This is in addition to developing the financial services and foreign exchange strategy which maintains our current levels of profitability in this area and finding additional revenue streams to grow revenue / margin. Financial Services regulations come with this territory and the Retail Director is responsible for Retail operations and financial services compliance also.
You’ll also be responsible for back office operational support as well as the field based team, including training, operations and property management. With 604 retail stores and a number of head office and contact centre locations in our UK&I business, the property portfolio is extensive and of huge customer and commercial impact.
This role is accountable for developing, agreeing and implementing the future online and multi-channel business transformation, working in collaboration with a number of business functions to develop the Distribution & Cruise strategic 5 year plan, incorporating the shape and size of the retail estate, organisational design and overall distribution model. This includes leading the development of the Retail estate ensuring the brand has a sustainable relevance on the High St and creating an environment which our teams can be proud of and our customers are delighted/inspired by.
What we are looking for • A leader with proven experience of integrating sales channels from a process and operational perspective
• Experience and understanding of a customer driven business
• Learning agility and ability to work in complex corporate environments
• A leader who enjoys scoping, planning and visioning the “tomorrow” as much as ensuring the delivery of “today”
• Resilient personality with solid interpersonal skills and able to adapt quickly to changes in priority
• A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing large diverse teams
• A skilled communicator with the proven ability to influence, partner with senior leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business
• Excellent networking and relationship building both internally and externally, complementing the brand through the industry and across the business
• Senior leadership experience, winning hearts and minds enabling freedom to shine
• Proven financial and commercial acumen to prepare and control budgets and deliver commercial plans to achieve retail trading forecast
• Champion control and compliance framework, access and manage risk ensuring full legislative compliance is achieved and maintained
• A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives
• Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation
• Dedicated to our customers, always putting them at the heart of everything we do
• Driven high performance through team work and collaboration
This role requires strong business English (written & spoken) and will involve travel across Europe & UK.
Working within TUI group TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including First Choice, and Marella Cruises. TUI UK and Ireland employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year. TUI UK & Ireland is part of the TUI Group.