Police Staff Investigators Jobs Vacancy at North Yorkshire Police York
North Yorkshire Police York urgently required following position for Police Staff Investigators. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Police Staff Investigators Jobs Vacancy at North Yorkshire Police York Jobs Details:
North Yorkshire Police currently have a number of temporary opportunities available for Police Staff Investigators (PSI). We are looking for hard working, professional individuals to join a number of departments across the force.
We currently have vacancies available within the following departments:
Major Investigation Team (MIT)
Serious Crime Team (SCT)
The role of a PSI is to undertake any task determined by the Senior Investigating Officer in relation to the investigation of crime and tasks in connection with the successful prosecution of offenders. Main responsibilities will include:
- Interview witnesses and complaints using PEACE/PACE interview methods and produce accurate statements in a form suitable for use as evidence in court proceedings.
- Complete risk assessments and provide appropriate support for victims during any investigation, such as through formulation of a victim strategy where requires and working with third sector support agencies, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the victim.
- Identify and plan own investigative actions needed, taking into account resources, priorities, and proportionally to achieve investigatory objectives.
- To perform the role of disclosure officer and exhibits officer when requested.
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual with the following skills and experience:
- PIP Accreditation level 2 (or equivalent experience) is essential, candidates must be able to provide sufficient evidence prior to interview.
- Administrative experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate difficult messages with tact, sensitivity and authority.
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Prior knowledge, skills and experience as an investigator.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks.
Post holders will need to be flexible due to the nature and demands of the role. You should expect on occasion to work beyond your normal scheduled working hours and also travel around the whole force area and beyond.
Please note, we are also looking to develop our own internal talent bank for all future PSI short term contracts based at :
Please note that the role of Police Staff Investigator is currently under review within North Yorkshire Police, we are only able to offer temporary contracts until the role is finalised.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application by 10:00am on 26th February 2018