Media Manager Richmond Jobs Vacancy at Lamb Personnel Richmond upon Thames
Lamb Personnel Richmond upon Thames urgently required following position for Media Manager Richmond. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Media Manager Richmond Jobs Vacancy at Lamb Personnel Richmond upon Thames Jobs Details:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Media & PR Manager to manage the PR and Media function for this charity organisation. As a key player in a small dedicated staff team, your role will include developing and implementing the strategy for this firm delivering key messages to target audiences and driving supporter engagement. Using both mainstream and social media, you will seek to maximise opportunities to promote this organisation and raise awareness of this charity. You will have a keen understanding of how to use the media to support campaigning and fundraising. This is an ideal job for someone with experience, looking for a role to develop their skills and make a real difference.
- Work with the Directorate and Communications Teams to develop and implement a PR and media strategy as part of the communications strategy (focussing on external communications)
- You will manage the PR and Media function, working in partnership with key personnel, to raise the profile, awareness and campaigns.
- Develop and implement the PR strategy, delivering key messages to target audiences, driving supporter engagement and raise awareness of needs.
- Work across the organisation to ensure consistency of branding in all communications.
- Build the profile to ensure this organisations mission and strategy is communicated clearly across all forms of media (TV, Print, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Forward plan campaigns with relevant colleagues to maximise opportunities to promote to a wider audience.
- Work closely with the income generation team to promote activities before and after events, to increase the fundraising profile and drive supporter engagement.
- Maintain all social media feeds including Facebook and Twitter, with relevant activity to increase engagement on each platform and respond to social media posts by third parties in consultation with colleagues as appropriate.
- Maintain and update the relevant parts of the website (news, social media campaigns and the campaigning page)
- Create news stories and campaign messaging.
- Plan and maintain a calendar of activities for PR campaigns, write press releases and proactively seek media opportunities.
- Deal with all press enquiries including being the first point of contact.
- Develop a resource of client and volunteer stories suitable for use in the media
- Previous experience in a Media/PR professional role with experience of developing and or implementing a PR and Media strategy.
- Experience of using and developing effective use of social media and leading a media or promotional campaign.
- Understanding of how to identify and communicate with key audiences and how to use the media to support campaigning and lobbying.
The chosen candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to develop strong relationships with the media and internal and external stakeholders, have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write for different audiences, using different formats eg Twitter, press releases. Additionally, you must be able to prioritise work in a demanding environment, have excellent time-management skills. This role may involve some travel and occasional work outside of usual business hours so the chosen candidate must be flexible.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9 - 5.30
Salary: £28,000 depending on experience
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.