Oow Avonmouth Jobs Vacancy at Svitzer
Svitzer urgently required following position for Oow Avonmouth. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Oow Avonmouth Jobs Vacancy at Svitzer Jobs Details:
We offer a competitive work/life balance as well as the opportunity to manage all aspects of vessel operation and ownership.
We pride ourselves on providing best in industry tools to accomplish our goals safely and to a high standard.
The OOW will ensure the safe operation of all deck work and management of deck crew in line with statutory and regulatory guidelines as required by the Company, MCA and other external bodies.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
• To take responsibility for ensuring that the Planned Maintenance System is carried out onboard. Carry out ship’s husbandry and Health & Safety checks onboard the vessel, rectifying and/or reporting faults as required.
• To assume the roles and responsibilities of the safety officer in accordance with the Merchant Shipping (Health and Safety at Work) Regulations 1997.
• Working under guidelines as required by the relevant Port Manager, ensure that the vessel is adequately stored and bunkered.
• Build working relationships with office, external customers, pilots, port authorities and agents, and to take part with operational meetings with all as required.
• To take ownership of his vessel, and undertake Master’s responsibilities if required should he become incapacitated for any reason.
• To take full responsibility for the day-to-day management of the crew, including organising rotas and holidays as required, adherence to Hours of Rest and to Company Policies and Procedures, providing cover elsewhere if requested, and supervision and on-going training of staff under his control.
• To carry out all duties, including inter-departmental duties involving both deck and engine roles, and those reasonably assigned from time to time, in a professional, responsible and adaptable manner, with flexibility of operation as required in order to fulfil the current manning and vessel operational requirements.
• To undertake mandatory training as required both for company requirements and for individual continued professional development.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum standard STCW II/3 >
;500GT Tug CoC, II/1 OOW Unlimited or greater preferred. • Harbour or Terminal towage experience preferred. • Strong administrative/computer skills. • Strong communication skills. Candidates need to be located near to the port and hold a current UK driving licence.