Finance And Metal Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Johnson Matthey Royston
Johnson Matthey Royston urgently required following position for Finance And Metal Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finance And Metal Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Johnson Matthey Royston Jobs Details:
Vacancy: Finance and Metal Analyst
We are looking for a key support to our Finance Director Precious Metals in Efficient Natural Resources Sector.
The PGMS Finance and Metal Analyst role is accountable for supporting the PGMS management team and businesses through the provision of quality data, information, analysis and insight to deliver high performance finance objectives.
- Support the delivery of improved financial performance of the PGMS business through the provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information
- Prepare monthly actual, forecast, budget, 3 year and strategic plan finance reports
- Collate, review and distribute information to meet Sector and Group half year-end and year-end disclosure requirements
- Facilitate communication between Group, Sector and Business Units on reporting requirements
- Develop and document processes and procedures for monthly reporting and identify and implement process improvements where identified
- Collate, review and circulate the output of Business Unit and PGMS risk management activities
- Act as part of the PGMS second line of defence through monitoring and review control activities
- Ensure adherence to all group policies, tax reporting, tax compliance, ethics, asset and inventory accounting
- Monitor the status of action plans agreed with other assurance providers
- Support relevant aspects of the design and deployment of newly implemented Sector and business - wide financial systems
- Monitor the governance framework for precious metals across the Johnson Matthey Group
- Maintain the metal risks register across Johnson Matthey
- Consolidate short, medium and long-term metal forecasts across the JM Group
- Monitor group wide metal balance sheet and metal working capital understanding variances to budgets and plans and movements from prior periods and identifying levers for optimising working capital
- Understand the level of customer metals by customer understanding trends and identifying funding risks
- Support the development, implementation and execution of priority projects sponsored by the PGMS
- Support the PGMS management team in monitoring actual expenditure incurred on key initiatives
- Provide support to the PGMS commercial management team in a variety of commercial projects and analysis
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience and professional qualifications
- Experience of working within a manufacturing or commercial environment
- Knowledge of Metal Accounting and Control
- Expertise in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Knowledge of a BI and ERP systems: Essbase, EIS, SAP BW preferred; JD Edwards or SAP preferred
- Ability to understand the business from both a macro and micro perspective
- Ability to influence individuals/teams who are not under direct reporting line and are based on other sites
- Ability to work effectively and seamlessly in multi-cultural teams
- Ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement initiatives and facilitate change
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of economic and accountancy risks
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound decision-making capability
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally across the UK and USA.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 3rd June 2018