Highway Technician Jobs Vacancy at Skanska
Skanska urgently required following position for Highway Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Highway Technician Jobs Vacancy at Skanska Jobs Details:
Infrastructure Services - Engineering Solutions
We are looking for a Highways Technician to join our team in Ipswich.
Reporting to a Senior Engineer and/or Engineer you will play an important role in providing a design service for our Local Authority and other contracts.
- Assist with preparation of designs, drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and supporting site and works information, technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes.
- Assist with undertaking site visits, surveys and investigations
We're looking for:
- Working towards/or starting a Foundation Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of Highways England standards such as the DMRB and MCDHW (desirable)
- Awareness of Health & Safety in design and construction.
- Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in using AutoCad (desirable).
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too