Test Technician Contract Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Woking
Mclaren Woking urgently required following position for Test Technician Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Test Technician Contract Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Woking Jobs Details:
McLaren Applied Technologies is a high-performance technology company which combines fresh thinking and innovation to solve crucial challenges and improve people's lives in industries as diverse as health, public transport, automotive and motorsport.
The Test, Service and Repair team specialises in the test of highly complex high value engine control systems and their ancillary components through production and service which includes repair to component level and environmental testing of units through vibration and temperature endurance. Units and assemblies are tested to the highest quality standards including comprehensive records of work done through our ISO9001 accredited system.
All of our production processes are based on achieving Class 3 of the Institute of Printed Circuits (IPC) build classifications.
- To competently follow predefined electronic hardware test processes to deliver products.
- Perform test activities before and during product manufacturing.
- Delivers test requirements by following instructions/processes.
- Maintain both operating documentation to track facility usage, and life of components, and manufacturing/test documentation to achieve full standards of traceability.
- Work directly with customers on occasions to assist with testing of components and systems.
- Electronics assembly test support.
- Fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements and company goal of achieving zero defects in accordance with ISO9001 certified quality management systems requirements.
- Use standard bench top test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters etc to execute tests.
- Fault finding of electronic systems, electronic circuits and assemblies to component level
Overtime during certain periods of the year is essential to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
Skills and expertise
- Good GCSE grades or equivalent in English and Maths.
- ONC, HNC or equivalent in an electronic discipline desirable although not essential.
- General understanding of industry standards and regulations in order to ensure guidelines are followed and machinery and equipment are operated safety.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job expertise.
- Strong PC skills.
- Good time management.
- Good attention to detail to allow you to maintain or exceed high levels of production/test standards and efficiency.
- Ability to fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements.
- Good understanding of working in similar high technology environment.
- Experience in customer facing roles, demonstrating an ability to represent the company during high-paced development.
- Highly motivated with a hunger to learn new processes.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach by sharing accurate and meaningful information and ideas openly with others.
- Develops positive working relationships by being open about their work and involving others where possible and by supporting others in their work.
- Seeks feedback from key stakeholders to better understand how well delivering against expectations.
- Demonstrates personal ownership for delivering their role, their learning and their career by proactively managing each.
- Asks questions to better understand the business and the needs of the business.
- Accepts responsibility for delivering own area of work and results, even if difficulties arise.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adapt thinking and approach quickly as required in the circumstances.
- Regularly requests feedback and measurement on how well stakeholder needs, including peers, are being met.
You will be based at the world-renowned McLaren Technology Centre. Our campus includes a subsidised restaurant, a café, a gym with a pool, break-out spaces, bicycle storage facilities and more.
Our environment is designed to encourage collaborative working across all teams. You will be within one hundred metres of a specialist within their field, whether it’s in design, modelling and simulation, software development, data analytics, electronics hardware, finance and marketing.
McLaren’s Product Innovation Framework
Take the unique opportunity to bring your own ideas to life, whether it’s a software package or a tangible product. If the application for your idea is successful, it will be backed by a significant pledge from the business to fund time and materials costs. Our ambition is that we continue to foster the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship within Applied Technologies.
The recruitment process
- If your application is successful, you’ll be invited for a phone interview with one of our experienced technical recruiters.
- If our recruiter believes you’re suitable for the role, you will then be invited to do a hands on test in the lab, which will last approximately 90 minutes.
- The final stage includes a face to face interview at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey. This is usually with the Hiring Manager, and the Production Manager. The interview will involve a series of skills based technical questions and problem solving.