Front House Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at The Waterfront Limited Gosport
The Waterfront Limited Gosport urgently required following position for Front House Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Front House Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at The Waterfront Limited Gosport Jobs Details:
Front of House in a busy bistro, located on the waterfront at Lee on Solent.
- We are looking for a candidate that has an outgoing warm personality to work in an established beachfront bistro, Restaurant, Coffee shop and Kiosk
- The candidate will be dealing direct with customers serving food and drink.
- We will teach them to work our Epos till system
- Also they will need to be flexible as part of their daily responsibilities will be working in our beach front Kiosk
- With the new Panorama Lounge we have many functions / Wedding booked through the summer that you will also be involved in hosting with the team
- Our management team are experienced and are willing to pass on their vast experience to you
- Hours need to be flexible as we are busy through the summer with functions, and if the candidate is over 18 they will also be trained to work in the busy bar area
Requirements and prospects
- Communicating & liaising with team members, kitchen & customers
- Following hygienic food & beverage handling procedures
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Ability to work a flexible rota including evening & weekend work where required
- Friendly, reliable, passion for cooking and a team player.
- For this level Apprenticeship GCSE or equivalent A-C in Maths and English is requested, with an ICT qualification considered an advantage, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the framework
- Confident application of English is critical to this role
Permanent job offer upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Be prepared for late finishes – when private functions are on
- You will need to be patient and customer service focussed, as you will be dealing with members of the public
- Public/Employer Liability Insurance
The Current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. From 1st April 2018 this rises to £3.70 per hour. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. After the 1st April the minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 years old and £7.83 for 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.