Shift Manager Jobs Vacancy at Precision Castparts Corp Swansea
Precision Castparts Corp Swansea urgently required following position for Shift Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shift Manager Jobs Vacancy at Precision Castparts Corp Swansea Jobs Details:
Timet UK is a world leader in the production of titanium for the aerospace industry; it is part of the PCC Metals Group, a rapidly growing Fortune 500 company, operating in the engineering and manufacturing sector, predominantly making materials for the aerospace and power generation industries.
“Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and direct with and expectation of high performance from every employee. We reward performance and results and challenge every employee to reach their full potential by demanding continuous improvement, while increasing local decision-making authority. We are committed to recruiting, training and promoting employees who rise to these challenges. All our employees share responsibility to maintain the highest legal and ethical standards. Performing with integrity is a way of life and vital to the Company’s success.”
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Shift Managers to manage the day-to-day operational activities within the Plant. Reporting directly to the Business Unit Managers, they will execute the manufacturing and delivery schedules through management of people and resources, ensuring material is delivered on time, in full, to the required specification. Continually improve quality, whilst reducing costs and lead time. Positions are available on Full and Mini Continental Shifts based at our Witton site in Birmingham. We also have positions available on Full Continental Shifts based at our Waunarlwydd site in Swansea.
- This position has responsibility for leading and motivating Shift Supervisors, Team Leaders and, Operators to meet specified production targets. This will include require delegation of tasks and monitoring of working practices focusing on production plan adherence via:
- The management of annual leave, time and attendance, overtime and targets on their specific shift;
- Identification and implementation improvements in machine efficiencies, material utilisation, energy usage and product quality to achieve cost reduction;
- Leading continuous improvement activities identified on site, in order to deliver efficiency and cost improvements;
- Supporting the SQE role when required to instil Quality throughout the on shift team;
- Supporting and lead HSE guidelines and actively drive incidents and accident targets;
- Effective usage of quality enhancement tools such as SPC, FMEAs and other advanced quality methods;
- Ensure internal and external customer needs are understood and achieved.
- The ideal applicant will have a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to drive the business forward:
- Must be either of graduate calibre with management training and/or have equivalent experience within a management role;
- Must have at least three years exposure to an aerospace manufacturing environment, including first tier supply to the aerospace industry;
- Demonstrable skills in management of:
- People (development and managing performance);
- Managing information (effective budget control and communication activities);
- Managing activities (prioritising activities, delegation, continuous improvement activities);
- Managing procedures (including knowledge of ISO9001, ISO18001 and ISO14001);
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential;
- A dynamic individual with good organisational and influential interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodology and appropriate man-management exposure would be advantageous;
- Willing to be trained to a Green Belt standard in Lean Six sigma.