Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Aviva London
Aviva London urgently required following position for Test Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Aviva London Jobs Details:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Digital IT – Web & Mobile team based in London. We require a Test Engineer to drive forward the testing as part of a Agile development team.
You will work with Customers, Solution Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, Environment and Deployment teams to develop and test functionality on our web applications. You will contribute to the delivery of complex solutions working in Agile development teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing testing across various web & mobile applications ensuring quality is at the forefront of our deliveries
- Contributing to designing solutions that meet the strategic requirements of our business.
- Identifying improvement opportunities such as test automation or technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Providing technical expertise and collaborating in teams operating across both the UK and globally.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Self motivated
- Self organised
- Able to work individually, as part of a co-located team or as part of a distributed global team.
- A strong communicator
- Passionate about quality Software
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Be able to drive testing solutions as part of an Agile Delivery team
- Ability to pick up technical tasks related to digital testing such as code deployments / automated testing / Cloud Testing
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate will ideally have commercial experience in a number of the following areas:
- Experienced in testing web & mobile applications including (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer v11, Safari, iOS, Android and Windows)
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development & Continuous Integration.
- Comfortable writing Gherkin style Acceptance Tests
- Service Virtualisation
- Agile delivery experience / knowledge (Scrum, including Agile ceremonies and Kanban)
- Experienced with test tools such as Selenium, Zephyr (JIRA) & Visual Studio, Confluence
- Git source control management
- Experienced with test automation frameworks
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certification
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst certification
We offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave. We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people.
If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’