General Discovery Learning Manager Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester
Chester Zoo Chester urgently required following position for General Discovery Learning Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Discovery Learning Manager Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester Jobs Details:
To support the Head of Discovery & Learning to develop and deliver the zoo’s Strategic Plan for Learning and Engagement, including deputising for the Head of Department and representing the full remit of the department at external and internal meetings.
Lead the development of a range of high quality learning initiatives across community engagement, creative projects, events of different scales, public engagement, digital learning, conservation campaigns and our work with schools, colleges and universities.
Collaborate with external partners and senior staff from the collections, field programmes, commercial operations, marketing and science teams, in order to develop new activities that deliver the aims of the Learning and Engagement Strategic Plan and against organisational strategic objectives.
Oversee all budgets associated with in-zoo engagement and community work, ensuring our delivery is cost effective and minimising wastage, allocating staffing and financial resources appropriately, seeking opportunities to generate income and working on the development of funding bids for new developments.
Recruit, manage and motivate a team of managers and specialists, ensuring the team is enthused and has the resources and skills they need to succeed.
Work with the Conservation Social Scientist, internal and external colleagues, consultants and the Head of Discovery & Learning to develop and deliver a programme of research activity that enables us to evaluate the efficiency and impact of our learning programmes, whilst also contributing to sector knowledge.
Develop own expertise as a highly proficient specialist in the field of conservation education, community and public engagement, inputting expertise into a range of zoo projects and sharing widely with the sector.
Ensure that all learning programmes are safe, appropriately risk assessed and comply with relevant legislation (eg. copyright, DDA).
The successful candidate will have:
- substantial experience developing and leading learning programmes and projects in a zoo, aquarium, museum or similar high profile audience focused environment, with the ability to devise and deliver projects on a national and international scale. This would ideally be supported by a masters level qualification in education, science communication or similar
- a working knowledge of conservation and zoology. This is likely to be demonstrated by a Zoology or Biological Science degree and/or experience of working within a zoo, conservation organisation or similar environment
- experience working collaboratively, in partnership with and when commissioning activity from a wide range of experts, freelancers, artists, festivals, scientists and educational organisations
- high levels of written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail, presentation and proof-reading skills
- experience of using all key Microsoft packages and the use of digital technologies for public engagement
- the ability to problem solve and thinking creatively
- experience leading and managing projects and teams with demonstrable project management, strategy development and leadership skills
- demonstrable understanding of audience needs across a broad spectrum of audience types, and of how to develop learning experiences to meet those needs and deliver intended learning outcomes
- excellent time management, administration and planning skills, including a proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, meet deadlines and ensure appropriate quality control
- excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence, enthuse and engage others, with the ability to work effectively under own initiative, as part of a team and to work under pressure with a positive attitude
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, worked predominantly Monday to Friday, with occasional need for evening and weekend working for which time off in lieu will be given
The salary for this role is £43,344.21 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/careers/working-at-chester-zoo .
To apply for this position, click apply now to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our General Discovery & Learning Manager role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st January
General Discovery Learning Manager Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester. Chester Zoo Chester opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for General Discovery Learning Manager position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 17 Jan, 2018. To apply for this position, click apply now to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why... ... Continue reading -->
Maintenance Manager Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel Jobs Vacancy at Hampton Derby. Hampton Derby opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Maintenance Manager Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 12 Jan, 2018. Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers. Why join the Hilton family as a Maintenance Manager?... ... Continue reading -->
Talent Development Manager Jobs Vacancy at Pphe Hotel Group London. Pphe Hotel Group London opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Talent Development Manager position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 11 Dec, 2017. You'll report directly to the Executive Vice President People & Culture | Head of HR and in close partnership with your Corporate HR team, Regional Human... ... Continue reading -->
Fids Senior Assistant Manager London Jobs Vacancy at Company London. Company London opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Fids Senior Assistant Manager London position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 22 Dec, 2017. Senior/ Assistant Manager. Auditing companies and general accounts preparation. As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning... ... Continue reading -->
Business Development Executive Xperthr Sutton Jobs Vacancy at Reed Business Information Sutton. Reed Business Information Sutton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Business Development Executive Xperthr Sutton position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 27 Sep, 2017. RBI General Benefits Package:. Through a robust coaching and learning programme set over the first twelve months and through working closely with the Business... ... Continue reading -->