General Discovery Learning Manager Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester
Chester Zoo Chester urgently required following position for General Discovery Learning Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Discovery Learning Manager Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester Jobs Details:
To support the Head of Discovery & Learning to develop and deliver the zoo’s Strategic Plan for Learning and Engagement, including deputising for the Head of Department and representing the full remit of the department at external and internal meetings.
Lead the development of a range of high quality learning initiatives across community engagement, creative projects, events of different scales, public engagement, digital learning, conservation campaigns and our work with schools, colleges and universities.
Collaborate with external partners and senior staff from the collections, field programmes, commercial operations, marketing and science teams, in order to develop new activities that deliver the aims of the Learning and Engagement Strategic Plan and against organisational strategic objectives.
Oversee all budgets associated with in-zoo engagement and community work, ensuring our delivery is cost effective and minimising wastage, allocating staffing and financial resources appropriately, seeking opportunities to generate income and working on the development of funding bids for new developments.
Recruit, manage and motivate a team of managers and specialists, ensuring the team is enthused and has the resources and skills they need to succeed.
Work with the Conservation Social Scientist, internal and external colleagues, consultants and the Head of Discovery & Learning to develop and deliver a programme of research activity that enables us to evaluate the efficiency and impact of our learning programmes, whilst also contributing to sector knowledge.
Develop own expertise as a highly proficient specialist in the field of conservation education, community and public engagement, inputting expertise into a range of zoo projects and sharing widely with the sector.
Ensure that all learning programmes are safe, appropriately risk assessed and comply with relevant legislation (eg. copyright, DDA).
The successful candidate will have:
- substantial experience developing and leading learning programmes and projects in a zoo, aquarium, museum or similar high profile audience focused environment, with the ability to devise and deliver projects on a national and international scale. This would ideally be supported by a masters level qualification in education, science communication or similar
- a working knowledge of conservation and zoology. This is likely to be demonstrated by a Zoology or Biological Science degree and/or experience of working within a zoo, conservation organisation or similar environment
- experience working collaboratively, in partnership with and when commissioning activity from a wide range of experts, freelancers, artists, festivals, scientists and educational organisations
- high levels of written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail, presentation and proof-reading skills
- experience of using all key Microsoft packages and the use of digital technologies for public engagement
- the ability to problem solve and thinking creatively
- experience leading and managing projects and teams with demonstrable project management, strategy development and leadership skills
- demonstrable understanding of audience needs across a broad spectrum of audience types, and of how to develop learning experiences to meet those needs and deliver intended learning outcomes
- excellent time management, administration and planning skills, including a proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, meet deadlines and ensure appropriate quality control
- excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence, enthuse and engage others, with the ability to work effectively under own initiative, as part of a team and to work under pressure with a positive attitude
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, worked predominantly Monday to Friday, with occasional need for evening and weekend working for which time off in lieu will be given
The salary for this role is £43,344.21 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/careers/working-at-chester-zoo .
To apply for this position, click apply now to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our General Discovery & Learning Manager role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st January
Bar General Manager Savage Garden Doubletree Tower London Jobs Vacancy at Doubletree Hilton London. Doubletree Hilton London opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Bar General Manager Savage Garden Doubletree Tower London position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 23 Apr, 2018. Why join the Hilton family as a Bar General Manager? As a Bar General Manager you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank... ... Continue reading -->
Head Academic Administration Jobs Vacancy at University Edinburgh Edinburgh. University Edinburgh Edinburgh opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Head Academic Administration position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 06 Apr, 2018. Undergraduate Learning and Teaching Committee; Substantial experience in providing analyses and strategic advice to senior managers.... ... Continue reading -->
Assistant General Manager Galvin Windows Jobs Vacancy at Hilton Hotels Resorts London. Hilton Hotels Resorts London opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Assistant General Manager Galvin Windows position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 05 Apr, 2018. Why join the Hilton family as an Assistant General Manager at Galvin at Windows? Work with the General Manager to develop sales, marketing and promotional plans... ... Continue reading -->
Head Student Support And Enhancement Jobs Vacancy at University Edinburgh Edinburgh. University Edinburgh Edinburgh opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Head Student Support And Enhancement position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 25 Apr, 2018. Bilingualism Matters – a centre promoting bilingualism and language learning to the general public. Line manager of the UG School Student Support Officers and... ... Continue reading -->
Deputy Manager Hilton Sheffield Jobs Vacancy at Hilton Hotels Resorts Sheffield. Hilton Hotels Resorts Sheffield opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Deputy Manager Hilton Sheffield position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 29 Mar, 2018. General Manager/Hotel Manager. Work in conjunction with the General Manager / Area General Manager to actively manage key property issues (including capital... ... Continue reading -->