Applications Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Withers London
Withers London urgently required following position for Applications Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Applications Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Withers London Jobs Details:
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a technically strong messaging expert with team leading experience. The primary purpose of this position is to undertake the day to day management of the Applications group and provide technical support and guidance on communication platform technologies. This is a hands on role with a 75% technical and 25% management split.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups - Applications and Infrastructure.
The Applications group are responsible for the unified communications, database systems, desktop image and the firms' business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project, security, and development teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Assist the Global Systems Manager in implementing, supporting and maintaining the portfolio of enterprise applications
- Coordinate and supervise the day to day activities of the Applications group
- Provide technical leadership to the Applications group ensuring that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
- Manage and monitor the teams queue in the service desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated according to the service management processes
- Provide regular updates to the Global Systems Manager on the status of initiatives, projects and problems or support incidents assigned to the group
- Identify, document and undertake maintenance and administration processes on systems globally, with particular emphasis on messaging and unified communications technology including Exchange, Mimecast, Skype, Avaya VOIP, Cisco VC, MDM (Airwatch)
- Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained
- Develop, present and implement proposals to the Global Systems Manager in order to improve systems and infrastructure
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base
- Provide technical resource for projects run by the PMO. Progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release Management processes
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Act as an escalation point for out of hours major incidents
- Identify the training and development needs of the group and work with Global Systems Manager on overall development plans
- Assist the Global Systems Manager with development reviews
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Global Application List and Service Catalogue. Ensure all applications are monitored and a full understanding of the support life cycle is maintained
- Working with the Global Systems Manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity management procedures are in place and documented.
Skills and experience required Experience required
- Strong technical background with a University degree in computer science or information systems
- 3 – 5 years' experience in a supervisory or team leadership role
- Unified Communications / Messaging / Collaboration technical background
- Advanced knowledge of Skype for Business, Exchange 2013 and above, Mimecast and MDM and mobile computing technologies and devices
- Strong working knowledge of legal-industry applications such as Worksite (iManage), Elite, BigHand, Interaction, Intapp Suite and Microsoft technologies SharePoint, SCCM, SQL
- Good knowledge of Windows-based servers, MS Active Directory, PCs, laptops and storage technologies
- Knowledge of virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix VDI and Xen App
- Knowledge of Unified communications technologies, Office 365, Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, Avaya Communication Manager and Cisco video conferencing systems is very advantageous
- Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment and with service desk systems such as INFRA
- Excellent troubleshooting issues.
- Full time - 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 24/7 on call rota is in place. It rotates every 6 weeks
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 51% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Salary Market rate
Closing date 16 November 2017 11:29 (UK time)