Welfare Benefits Advisor Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Chichester
Capita Plc Chichester urgently required following position for Welfare Benefits Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Welfare Benefits Advisor Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Chichester Jobs Details:
Job Title: Welfare Benefits Advisor
Location: Chichester (West Sussex)
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (Depending on experience)
- To visit Social Care customers to give professional Welfare benefits advice, assist in the completion of benefit claims & follow up claims in order to maximise income.
- To gather financial information & undertake financial assessments.
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the business/client, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Provide Welfare benefits advice & undertake financial assessments to all customers referred by WSCC Adults’ Social Care, visits with the customer or their representatives to be undertaken in their own homes where possible.
- Assist customers’ with the completion of all appropriate welfare benefit, Council Tax & Housing Benefit claim and liaise with Department for Works and Pensions and District/Borough Councils where required.
- Visit customer’s to obtain financial information in order to undertake an assessment of their contribution towards residential or non-residential care based on the current WSCC charging policy and procedures. Advise on charging policies, procedures and provide the customer with details of their assessed contribution in a timely manner.
- Attend appropriate training courses in order maintain levels of knowledge of changes to Welfare benefit / Council Tax & Housing Benefit rates, rules & regulations and keep up to date on changes to WSCC charging policy & procedures.
- Organise & prioritise workload based on referrals made by Social & Caring Services.
- Liaise with staff in Adults’ Services, staff in Capita Service Finance, & outside agencies where required.
- Follow up on outstanding benefit claims made and undertaken reassessments of customer contributions as a result of successful claims. Ensure that the Adults’ Services Framworki System is updated with the outcome of financial assessments (in compliance with the WBA Team KPi’s) together with case notes providing information regarding the financial assessment and benefits claimed and any details for any delays in the completion of the financial assessment where applicable.
- Raise safeguarding concerns with the relevant Adults’ Services Safeguarding Teams where necessary and assist, where possible, in any subsequent investigations.
- Carry out any other tasks appropriate to the level of the post that may be reasonably required.
- Ability to interpret complex information, such as, legal letters, accounts, tax returns and other financial documents.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of customers and their representatives and create effective working relationships. Maintain key working relationships with internal customers, team colleagues and external partners/organisations including customers, their relatives, financial representatives’ carers and friends,
- Contribute to service projects and/or reviews, challenge existing practices and generating ideas and solutions, recognising and balancing risks with reward meeting agreed timescales.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice. Additionally, to ensure the team remains up to date and compliant.
- GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent qualification or equivalent
- Three years relevant experience i.e. visiting or dealing with people
- Previous experience of working in a welfare benefits post or charging for Adults’ Social Care (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Welfare Benefits that could apply to Adults’ Services customers’
- Understanding of Adults’ Services Charging Policies for residential and non-residential social care support (Desirable)
- Understanding of Welfare Benefits legislation (Desirable)
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines which minimise the disruption to the business.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of customers and create effective working relationships; to include the provision of training and support to new staff.
- Ability to understand and financial processes relating to personal finances and benefits.
- Ability to work in a customer focused way providing a high quality service with a high level of attention to detail and gaining the trust and confidence of residents within West Sussex.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make sound pragmatic decisions which will have a direct impact on the service.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in order to analyse and interpret written material and to respond to complex correspondence.
- Sound and accurate IT skills for the integral use of word processing, analysing/researching information and presenting data.
- Ability to work with other service professionals to share best practice, knowledge and learning.
- Ability to embrace change and have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the service.