Furniture Technologist Jobs Vacancy at Mamas Papas
Mamas Papas urgently required following position for Furniture Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Furniture Technologist Jobs Vacancy at Mamas Papas Jobs Details:
This is a newly created role. Reporting to the Quality Director, the Furniture Technologist will be responsible for working alongside the design and buying team to deliver product to market that is compliant and deliver excellence in terms of quality and performance. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring all existing and new furniture products are tested against general product safety requirements and meet legislative standards.
- Working with the design and buying team to deliver a product to market that encompasses the Mamas & Papas brand whilst being engineered within budget.
- Building strong supplier relationships and working with the Hong Kong team to ensure continuous product improvement and the timely resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Working alongside the Packaging Integrity Engineer to ensure packaging has been specified and approved.
- Working alongside the Lab, Technical Graphic Artworker and Buying team to ensure that the correct warnings are included on packaging, label and instruction manuals.
- Creating, reviewing and updating compliance specification documents and product management files, working to EN standards.
- Working with the Customer Service team to identify returns trends, developing solutions to drive continuous product improvement.
The ideal candidate will be an established Furniture Technologist within a retail, supplier or manufacturing environment. Knowledge of nursery furniture would be advantageous.
- You will demonstrate a strong understanding of wood compositions and finishes, alongside a solid understanding of testing and legislative requirements.
- You will have experience of travelling and working with Far East suppliers.
- You will have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- You will be structured and methodical in your way of working and will provide a clear audit trail of all decisions made.
About the Brand
From our Head Office in Huddersfield, Mamas & Papas looks after 30 stores and 100 trusted stockists in the UK and Ireland. With stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, we help our customers to bring baby into their world, their way.
Becoming a parent is a big step, and big steps need good companions. We’ve made it our mission to be here for the next generation of parents. Helping them through pregnancy and beyond with products, advice and experiences they need to grow the lifestyle they want.
About the Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll be entitled to lots of exciting benefits* including:
Enjoy time off with up to 35 days holiday.
Receive peace of mind with a generous entitlement plan.
Take the sting out of childcare with our voucher scheme.
Enjoy subsidised Starbucks, free tea and coffee, Wi-Fi and more at our social hub.
Take advantage of 35% off Mamas & Papas products.
We’ll help secure your future with at least 3% contribution.
Fit us round your life with flexible working hours.