Ethical Sourcing Assistant Jobs Vacancy at River Island Hanger Lane Station
River Island Hanger Lane Station urgently required following position for Ethical Sourcing Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ethical Sourcing Assistant Jobs Vacancy at River Island Hanger Lane Station Jobs Details:
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
The role involves working within the Sourcing and Ethical Team to help to deliver the River Island Ethical Trading programme and ensure that there is regular monitoring of ethical business risks to enable the department to meet pre-determined goals and priorities.
Assisting the Ethical Trade Manager in supply chain assessment and ethical risk management. Helping to resolve issues and maintain ethical standards within the business along with managing all ethical aspects of the new supplier on-boarding procedure
- Develop reports to improve supply chain visibility and create clear department KPI’s
- Maintain and update supplier ethical information and records.
- Ensure that key ethical data is maintained.
- Analyse ethical data to highlight priorities and actions required.
- Management of In-Country ethical teams, acting as the key point of contact and managing the work plan and costs.
- Supporting the Ethical Trade Manager in delivery of key ethical projects.
- Attending ethical meetings in the absence of the Ethical Trade Manager.
- Assist in research for project development and also for internal and external communication.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Degree in Ethical trade or similar or a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in responsible sourcing for a clothing retailer or supplier to the retail industry.
- An understanding and passion for responsible sourcing and ethical trade
- A team player with a strong drive to achieve.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to identify ethical issues.
- Ability to plan, organise and review activities in order to meet set deadlines.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels within the business
- Methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Proactive and able to demonstrate initiative by suggesting ways of improving current working methods.
- Computer literate using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook & other IT Systems to a high level.
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here eitherwe all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHERand in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking