Accounts Clerk Manchester Jobs Vacancy at Taylor Wimpey Manchester
Taylor Wimpey Manchester urgently required following position for Accounts Clerk Manchester. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Clerk Manchester Jobs Vacancy at Taylor Wimpey Manchester Jobs Details:
The successful candidate will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be expected to maintain and keep up to date the purchase ledger in order to pay the suppliers within the agreed payment terms.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has good interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and g ood time management with ability to hit deadlines.
- Input invoices on to the purchase ledger using the three-way matching or two-way matching system.
- Maintain the unmatched invoice register including chasing outstanding order numbers and GRNs.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that all invoices are dealt with in line with audit requirements and within a reasonable time scale.
- Ensure that invoices have the appropriate authorisation prior to paying them, which may include signatures, matching to orders and delivery tickets.
- Manage purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Regular review of outstanding purchase orders and invoices.
- Processing Payment Runs.
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements.
- Processing subcontractor and payment admin on a cover basis as required.
- Complete control documentation to update the ledger with new suppliers and amendment to existing supplier details.
- Provide holiday and absence cover within the department, as required in line with the role.
- Other ad hoc support, analysis and processing as is commensurate with the role.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts department preferably in a purchase ledger department.
- Working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel.
- Computer proficiency.
- Working in a time critical environment.
- Knowledge of Coins (preferred)
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.