Apprentice Warehouse Operative Jobs Vacancy at Snaffling Pig Ltd Reading
Snaffling Pig Ltd Reading urgently required following position for Apprentice Warehouse Operative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Warehouse Operative Jobs Vacancy at Snaffling Pig Ltd Reading Jobs Details:
A young and growing business, Snaffling Pig Co Ltd needs to recruit a new Warehouse Operative to its newly relocated warehouse in Reading.
Following a successful pitch on BBC’s “Dragons Den”, the Directors secured the support of a “Dragon”, which has come with a cash investment and the support of a well-known business brain with a network of contacts to help them drive the business forward.
Please note that the warehouse is in a remote location NOT accessible by public transport and apprentices will need to have their own sustainable method of travel. The higher apprenticeship starting wage is to reflect this.
As a Warehouse Operative your role will include the routine tasks and objectives outlined below. Full training will be given, you will be part of the Operations Department and your day to day role will be to supervise the warehouse floor.
- Using Sage 200 to manage stock and orders.
- Booking In New Stock.
- Setting Up New Bays.
- Picking New Orders.
- Despatching Orders.
- Using our Warehouse Management Software.
- Packing Orders.
- Controlling Products in Bay, Making Sure Items are assigned to suitable Bays.
- Keeping Warehouse Organised and Tidy.
- Ensuring Rotation of Stock.
- Making sure all work is achieved to the highest of standards.
- Ensuring guidelines set are met where possible. E.G. Packing Guidelines.
Tasks and Objectives:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of our computer systems enabling you to track down and solve problems.
- The role does not require any specific qualifications but a good standard of education including literacy and numeracy. Attention to detail is required to complete the tasks effectively.
- The most important qualities will be commitment, enthusiasm, reliability and a willingness to build a long term career in the Warehousing industry.
- This is a fast-growing business with large aspirations. The owners prefer to recruit their employees and develop them through their careers in the business.
Requirements and prospects
- Physically able to meet the demands of the role (lifting may be involved).
- Competence in IT.
- Good Organisational Skills.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Enthusiasm and drive to work hard and support a growing business.
- Good communication skills and personality, strong team player.
- GCSE A-C (grade 4 or above) or equivalent for Maths and English, good standard of literacy and numeracy.
Future prospects Progression to Level 3 or permanent employment is possible, subject to satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship and business needs at that time.
Things to consider TRAVEL – will need own transport. Remote location, no public transport available. All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.