Digital Media Editorial Intern Jobs Vacancy at Mtv London
Mtv London urgently required following position for Digital Media Editorial Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Media Editorial Intern Jobs Vacancy at Mtv London Jobs Details:
MTV are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and adaptable junior to join our Digital Media department, with the ideal candidate having a passion for all things celebrity, music, TV, showbiz and popular culture.
The intern will learn all aspects of the digital editorial business from the ground up, helping the editorial team with day to day tasks such as writing and researching news stories and features for MTV.co.uk and Snapchat Discover, while also offering support with filming, interviews, editing, transcribing, paperwork and social media.
Duties will also include liaising with the International in-house editorial team to support MTV’s Always On campaign, whether this be thinking of new and exciting ideas to promote content or helping with the everyday running of the team.
You should have a strong interest in the world of entertainment, and boast previous experience of writing for an online publication, as well as some production skills, whether it be camera / video editing. Basic knowledge of writing for a website is preferred (HTML is not required) and the willingness to work under pressure in small team would be a bonus.
We have 2 Digital Media Editoral Internship opportunities; one of these will report directly to the Celebrity and Lifestyle Editors and the other to Senior Music Editor. Therefore please state on your application whether your passion lies predominantly in music or celebrities.
- Research for news articles/features and interviews, checking other websites and social media on an hourly basis for breaking news stories.
- Have an eye for what makes a good story when interviewing and keeping up to date with current affairs so this can be represented in the questions.
- Writing and publishing online news stories and features using our CMS.
- Publishing content on various Social Media platforms.
- Transcribing interviews.
- An in-depth knowledge of TV, celebrity, movies, current affairs, pop culture.
- Music cue sheets for the department.
- Maintaining a workflow schedule.
- Organising meetings, taking and distributing minutes.
- Use Final Cut Server to add videos footage to the website.
- Shoot independently (EX-1, Canon 5D etc) when needed.
- Edit videos using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Creating graphic assets using Adobe Photoshop.
Role Specific Skills/Attributes:
- Have broad music knowledge and a keen interest in celebrity / entertainment / movie news and an awareness of our Millennial audience.
- Have an awareness of Pro Social issues and they way they can be contained and presented within a news context.
- Knowledge of the MTV website, channel, shows the music world and our competitors.
- Knowledge of producing content for online.
- Intermediate camera skills.
- Basic Adobe Premiere Pro Editing skills.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Have an eye for what makes a good story when interviewing and keeping up to date with current affairs.
- Knowledge of the basics of TV / online video production.
- Communicates and Listens
- Builds Relationships
- Influences and Negotiates
- Takes Initiative
- Manages the Work
- Composure and Flexibility
- Acts with Integrity
- Develops creative products and solutions
- Judgment and analysis
- Thinks strategically
- Communicates effectively with employees
- Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
- Defines, directs and delegates work
- Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.