Infrastructure Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Benefex Southampton
Benefex Southampton urgently required following position for Infrastructure Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Infrastructure Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Benefex Southampton Jobs Details:
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
If you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Wintel and Cisco orientated environment and an excellent understanding of all areas of IT Infrastructure to an advanced level, and fancy joining a workplace which strives to make a difference, moves at lightning speed, and is a little bit unique, we'd love to hear from you.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Provide mature infrastructure solutions across multiple technologies from planning through to implementation
- Investigate fault cause and root cause analysis on how these may be proactively reduced
- Analyse system problems and needs (e.g. performance issues, outages, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and/or avoiding current and future problems and improve reliability and performance
- Determines appropriate configurations of hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of systems equipment
- Researches, gathers, and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify, and maintain assigned networks and communications systems
- Ensure compliance with security policies and data protection guidelines
- Monitor to ensure system reliability and to evaluate need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance, and/or new systems
Minimum level of experience required (including any industry-specific experience)
- Hold a CCNP, MCSE or similar accreditation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Wintel and Cisco orientated environment
- You’ll also need to have demonstrable experience supporting Windows Server 2012 R2+ or Linux Server (RHEL, CentOS)
- Excellent demonstrable experience of Hypervisor architectural design, implementation and administration (VMWare expertise would be especially advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills with all people at different levels of the business and enjoy working as part of a team in a complex architecture with Development and Operational experts
- Good knowledge of networking and firewall/security technologies
- Good understanding of security policies and procedure as it relates to the business requirements
- Excellent understanding of all areas of IT Infrastructure outside of immediate area of specialisation to an advanced level
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations and work unsupervised
- Logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills
Minimum skillset required:
- MCSE, CCNP or equivalent certification
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days' holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment