Graduate Research Analyst Fixed Term Contract With Fully Funded Msc Jobs Vacancy at Channel London
- Graduate Research Analyst Fixed Term Contract With Fully Funded Msc
- London ENG
- 06 Sep, 2017 30+ days ago
Channel London urgently required following position for Graduate Research Analyst Fixed Term Contract With Fully Funded Msc. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Research Analyst Fixed Term Contract With Fully Funded Msc Jobs Vacancy at Channel London Jobs Details:
2 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT. ASSESSMENT DAY WILL BE HELD ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2017.
Channel 4 is looking for a talented and enthusiastic graduate to join the Advertising Research & Development team. This role is a 2 year graduate scheme in which the candidate will be working at Channel 4 HQ, whilst also undertaking a master’s degree in Marketing (MSc) offered by Birkbeck University and funded by Channel 4.
The role of the Graduate Research Analyst is to provide commercially focused qualitative and quantitative audience insight, measurement and analysis to support both the advertising sales team and the wider aims of the AR&D team. The role will be reporting into and supported by a Senior Research Executive and Research Manager.
You’ll be studying at the university 2 evenings a week (between 6pm-9pm) October ‘17 to June ’19.
You will receive support from your team at Channel 4 to manage both your university coursework and day-to-day role - including study leave when appropriate.
PART-TIME MODULES - YEAR 1
Marketing Strategy and Planning
PART-TIME MODULES - YEAR 2
Digital and Social Media Marketing
International Business Ethics
Strategic Sport Marketing
MSC MARKETING DISSERTATION
• Learning to use and working with industry research tools (BARB, TGI, comScore/UKOM, Mintel etc.) to demonstrate the value of advertising with Channel 4 Sales.
• Being involved in sponsorship and spot effectiveness studies and presenting findings back to clients and agencies.
• Assisting with the 4Youth project, helping with the day to day management of the Your4 community (with our research partners) as well as honing your qualitative skills.
• Supporting the team with original research (quant & qual) studies to enhance Channel 4’s advertising sales proposition. This could include; research into key audience groups; emerging trends; behaviours and technologies or the development of new advertising formats.
• Keeping up to date with technology and consumption trends.
• Liaising with other members of AR&D on all relevant aspects of the role to ensure shared understanding of findings.
Your Team: The Advertising Research & Development team
The Advertising Research & Development team (within Consumer Insight) are focused on the commercial side of the business. Our team, consisting of 12 people, help the C4 Sales team identify the effectiveness and efficiencies within all our airtime opportunities. This covers; spot revenue, sponsorship, product placement, VoD, our 1st party data, and new product development.
The AR&D team’s core mission is to: “Understand consumers for the benefit of our advertisers, through expert insight and award-winning innovation”.
Your Department: The Consumer Insight Department
The Consumer Insight department exists to help the corporation understand the attitudes, behaviours and habits of our viewers. This helps guide both the creative function of the channel and also support the commercial sustainability and revenue generation. The objectives of the department are to:
• Develop a deeper relationship with our viewers than any other broadcaster
• Understand them in terms of what they like and what they do
• And so gain commercial advantage by using these relationships, supported by data and insight, to deliver superior innovation to viewers and advertisers
What you’ll have already done
• Obtained a 2.1 in a relevant undergraduate degree (please include your degree title, relevant modules and classification or prediction in your application).
• Gained some experience using research techniques and methodologies.
• Developed a basic understanding of supervised and un-supervised learning techniques.
What we’re looking for
• Flexible and adaptable – this role is incredibly varied day to day.
• Highly analytical - the role requires a passion for research and proven numerical ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.*
• IT skills – the ability to pick up new systems quickly, and experience of using Excel and Powerpoint is desirable.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• A passion for TV and advertising.
• An interest in the UK media landscape, consumer trends and technology.
• Willingness to learn, work hard and be a part of the dynamic team.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a big dynamic team.
• Excellent organisational skills.
* If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
Full Role Description