Principal Mechanical Cad Designer Jobs Vacancy at Wsp Coventry
Wsp Coventry urgently required following position for Principal Mechanical Cad Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Mechanical Cad Designer Jobs Vacancy at Wsp Coventry Jobs Details:
Most of our Industry work is in complex projects, often within a facility which continues to function. We work across a number of key market sectors to include Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Industrial and Chemical, Energy and Waste, Food and Consumer Products.
The service provision covers a wide range of consultancy and project delivery services which may be provided as separate elements or through integrated multi-discipline teams on EPCM delivery.
To be part of the design team within WSP Industry, preparing drawings with calculations, technical design, layout design using available CAD/CAE methods and to complete work within the programme and allotted hours.
To take lead designer role on Industry projects.
Ensuring a co-ordinated approach to delivering engineering design quality, technical excellence and innovative design for feasibility studies, concept and scheme designs, detailed design and construction support phase of projects.
A typical week could include;
- Prepare CAD & design strategies for projects
- Preparation of drawings mainly using CAD systems – PFD’s, P&ID’s, HVAC schematics, plant layouts, pipework & ductwork layouts, supports and equipment, briefing drawings
- Preparation of design calculations
- Assist with preparation of datasheets, specifications, material take-offs and schedules
- Checking of drawings and designs
- Process plant layout development and design
- Site surveys, inspection at suppliers and on-site design support during construction
- Specific assignments on construction sites during installation
- Inter-discipline co-ordination and clash checks (manually & 3D model)
- Implement company quality procedures and client design standards
- Work as Lead Designer on selected projects, with responsibility for coordinating and supervising other designers and design activities within a project task force
- Manage development of CAD systems including 3D modelling and intelligent P&ID systems
- Input to the development of apprentices and junior designers
- Preparation of design manhour and cost estimates
- To ensure that safety issues are fully considered within projects including CDM duties as Designer
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Significant industry experience and demonstrable proficiency in process plant design
- Specific expertise in the design of process plant in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food and chemical industries.
- Specific industry experience required: - pharmaceutical and/or fine chemicals.
- CAD experience required: - AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and Revit MEP, Intelligent P&ID’s.
- Experience in pipework design, supporting and layout in accordance with national standards including ANSI B31.3. Good knowledge of materials of construction, construction techniques and piping standards
- Ability to operate as a lead designer, design manager, design coordinator on a variety of projects.
- Experience and good understanding of Designer responsibilities under CDM Regulations, design safety procedures
- Passion, flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Ability to effectively engage others to achieve project goals.
- A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own and project priorities.
- Ability to work in complex organisations in a team environment and develop relationships and rapport with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Good communicator at all levels (oral & written)
- Maintain strong relationships with customers
- Logical, systematic, decisive and personable
- A ‘can be done’ approach
- The ability to deal with conflicting priorities and to offer positive solutions
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home at times to support construction sites
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a multi-discipline team. Versatile, reliable and resourceful
- Ability to orgainise and lead design on a variety of projects