Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Mercer Chichester
Mercer Chichester urgently required following position for Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Mercer Chichester Jobs Details:
Wealth Administration is at the very core of Mercer Services business, managing our clients’ pension schemes. We focus on understanding and managing member expectations and ensuring that they receive the information they need, when they expect it and in a suitable format, enabling them to make informed decisions on their benefits
The role of Business Analyst sits within the Mercer Services Wealth Delivery Team who have a continuous pipeline of strategic and regulatory project work to support their core admin and insured business clients. This requires support in turning high level project briefs into tangible deliverables.
The work of a Business Analyst will be to articulate and define business requirements using appropriate analysis techniques and to support the implementation process including query resolution, test preparation and management and regular stakeholder interaction and management. All work produced by the Business Analyst must be robustly and comprehensively documented to stand up to scrutiny. Working with a project manager and under the regular direction of a Senior Business Analyst the successful candidate will be support the successful delivery of a broad portfolio of projects.
For this role on the job training will be provided by experienced Business Analyst mentors within the team to help the successful candidate fulfil the key activities and responsibilities listed.
- Encourages requirements elicitation process via guidance and input from business and technology stakeholders
- Documents full requirements including dependencies and noting priorities as determined by stakeholders
- Seeks input from SME’s to identify impact of regulatory and other external impacts that may impact the project
- Use appropriate methods for representing requirements
- Responds to queries to support understanding of requirements
- Obtains sign off to scope and requirements
- Conducts investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes as directed
- Identify potential stakeholders
- Supports project manager in preparation of business cases defining potential benefits, costs and associated risks
- Supports project manager on risk assessment on identified gaps
- Develops & maintains communications with stakeholders, business process owners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand their needs throughout project
- Uses feedback from stakeholders to review against documented project scope, risks and benefits highlighting deviation to project manager
- Work closely with program/project manager(s) and other Business Analysts assigned to the project
- Assess new process impact on current state processes, including change management impacts, highlighting issues and, where possible, suggesting new approaches
- Support implementation of new or remediated processes
- Identifies, documents and prioritises test scenarios that are relevant to the solution delivery
- Support identified test resources to help ensure understanding on the testing requirements
- Supports testing process ensuring queries and defects are raised and responded to in support of the delivery timescales
- Provides support to business users to produce and deliver training, communication and new process material
- Undertake assessment of embedding of project deliverables as required
Formal qualifications not necessarily required as training will be provided, but completion of or working towards the following examples would be advantageous:
- Business analyst certifications
- Continuous improvement training and certifications
Although full training will be provided the successful candidate should have the aptitude to acquire the necessary professional and business skills required for the role and has the ability to:
- Think analytically
- Work within the defined project scope
- Work well within a team and with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate business analysis and process design skills
- Show good communication and organizational skills, especially to manage inputs from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities, conflict management and decision making skills
- Flexibility to accommodate working non-standard work hours as required
- Proficiency in common tools used in the role such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project and MS Visio) Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Primary Location United Kingdom-Chichester
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.