Port Office Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Samskip Tilbury
Samskip Tilbury urgently required following position for Port Office Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Port Office Coordinator Jobs Vacancy at Samskip Tilbury Jobs Details:
Are you looking for an opportunity in the transport and shipping industry allowing you to make a difference? If you are, apply for this position and become successful within a leading transportation company!
Your position in Tilbury
As a Port Office Coordinator, you will liaise with customers to advise and assist in the movement of goods to and from the UK, while ensuring that all customers’ special requirements are met. All hazardous details must be communicated to the Marine Department of Tilbury. You will keep the port system up-to-date with current containers on quay for shipment and a shipment schedule specifying which containers will need to be shipped on which days.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing and distributing all relevant Border Agency and internal documentation to allow goods to move freely.
- Ensuring vessels are booked in with the lock side prior to arrival; all relevant information must be supplied to the Port of London Authority.
- Collecting and delivering documentation when vessels arrive in the port.
- Calling off CMR delivery notes via the computer system and preparing the paperwork in advance.
- Carrying out general administrative duties like filing, updating reports, reserving costs and processing ancillary invoices.
You will participate in a weekend rota and shift system to cover when ships arrive during the week and at weekends.
Are you the driven coordinator we are looking for?
Working together in a cross-cultural environment is no rocket science for you. You are driven and determined to make the best of your work every day. Your result-oriented hands-on approach helps you with this mission. You like to show initiative and can motivate yourself to focus on every detail and discipline. Is this what you were made for? Then we require the following skills:
- A-levels degree or relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A good command of English, both spoken and written.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This is what we offer
Samskip offers you the opportunity to develop yourself and delve into a dynamic, professional and international work environment. Within an ambitious team with a drive to excel in the job, you will work together to achieve results that contribute to the growth of our company. In the meantime, you will contribute to the growth of your own career. In addition, we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, including a thirteenth salary.
- 23 days’ paid annual leave.
- A pension scheme.
- Medical insurance.
Are you our newest team member?
Do you want to be part of our growth and are you excited to work in an international and successful company? Then click on the “Apply” button, and apply directly.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We particularly focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 632 million euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1520 employees in total.