Apprentice Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Karl Hodgins Great Yarmouth
Karl Hodgins Great Yarmouth urgently required following position for Apprentice Care Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Karl Hodgins Great Yarmouth Jobs Details:
General duties will include:
- Supporting residents in all aspects of their daily needs.
- Assisting with domestic duties and tasks, i.e. making beds, washing up, serving food and drinks.
- Assisting with some personal care needs, i.e. assisting with hearing aids, dressing and washing.
- Assisting with leisure activities.
- Supporting residents with their decision making.
- Reading and recording information/facts into care plans.
- Communicate verbally and written with families/health workers/services.
- Working within the team to promote the values and ethos of our organisation.
- Maintaining confidentiality and following the Data Protection Act is important and understanding when and to whom to disclose information too.
- Adhering to all the homes policies and procedures.
- Covering all aspects of care including housekeeping and catering.
- Personality & attitude more important than qualification/experience.
The Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard training programme is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills You will have the following skills:
- Good communication and people skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions.
- A reasonable level of fitness.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to record data accurately with attention to detail.
- Good standard of spoken & written English.
Personal qualities You will need to be:
- Patient, understanding and caring in nature.
- Willing to get involved in practical activities.
- Friendly and helpful in manner.
- Respectful and always treat others with dignity.
- Compassionate and empathetic.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Flexible in your approach to work and adaptable to change.
- Hardworking and keen to develop your skills..
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Have a calm & practical nature.
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above (or the equivalent) including English and Maths.
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required including two references and an enhanced DBS.
- Avery Lodge will also provide in-house and on-line training.
Future prospects It is intended that - providing you successfully complete your apprenticeship - you will become a permanent member of staff.
Things to consider Uniform is provided. Applicants will need to be able to meet the job demands, which involves, a lot physical activity. All appointments are made subject to satisfactory medical, police and reference checks, prior to appointment, and you will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form and identity evidence must be provided. The job is in a location which is on a main bus route. Avery Lodge will also provide in-house and on-line training. Before applying for this position please ensure that you record full details of all qualifications on the application, as the first stage of shortlisting will be to ensure the minimum qualification criteria is met. Applications direct to the employer will not be considered – please apply using the on-line matching system. There are eligibility criteria applied to government funded apprenticeship schemes and therefore applicants must be aged 16 or above, have been resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years, must not possess a qualification at the same level or above in a similar discipline or already be in any form of formal government-funded education. Applications will be assessed as they are received, which may result in the vacancy closing before the advertised closing date, please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.